ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help me decide... I cant!!

Fiat Panda 100hp
Me and the mrs are going to Cornwall next week for a little camping holiday, knowing how nice the scenery is down there I want to treat myself to a new lens...

I have a D40 and in the running thus far is..

10-20 Sigma
18-250 Tamron f3.5

I have wanted the wide 10-20 for so long for the landscapes etc, but I have also found myself in many situations wanting alot more zoo,.

Which would you choose? Which do you think I'll use the most?

I'm also adding a Hoya circular polarizing filter for good measure.

Thanks in advance.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
if your taking pics of scenery i'd go wide. Either that go for something like a sigma 18-200mm

Cupra
If you dont have anything with a decent reach currently, it might be worth getting something longer. You will probably end up using it more in the long run. For scenery pics, a 10mm lens will get you some great results. 18mm will also do the job though.

It is also subject to what you shoot most though of course. Pick up a deal second hand a get both. ;)

With 250mm you ideally need some sort of VR or IS and I don't think the Tamron has that. If your after a long range try the Nikon 70-300VR.

You wont be losing much range (56-69)... or you could get the 55-200VR which is an excellent lens and can be had for under £120.

Cupra
Lenses never really loose that much money either so you can always sell it on if you decide it is not for you.

I am picking up a Tokina 12-24 this evening for a steal. Looking forward to having a play with it!