ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me hide holograms!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi

Brithers just traded his Black Focus in for a 3 Series. They have agreed a price, but he said if its good condition it could go up by up to £300 - Not sure if he's just saying that, but worth a shot as it is a BMW dealer.

the car was covered in holograms when he bought it, looks like un buffed polish/wax

I was just wondering how I could make these? I've been unable to touch them with my DA (Still a novice)

I do have some cheap Auto Glym SRP, would that do the trick? If so. How would you recommend applying it? Machine or hand?

Thanks

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Riiiiight.

So buy something suitable. Maybe that's a finishing pad and has as much cutting power as a wet tissue.

Buy some clay, lube, IPA and decent MF cloths while you're there too...

Sounds like you don't really know what you're doing at all.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Riiiiight.

So buy something suitable. Maybe that's a finishing pad and has as much cutting power as a wet tissue.

Buy some clay, lube, IPA and decent MF cloths while you're there too...

Sounds like you don't really know what you're doing at all.

I do, just not with a DA.

the car was clayed around a month ago, I also have Iron X and ObliTARate to de-contaminate, am currently using some form of ph neutral shampoo, can't remember the name but its not a big brand, buckets and grit guards etc.

Bought an auto finesse hard wax from someone on here, have a poor boys sealant of some description along with a silly amount of auto Glym, Meguiars etc polish's. some more cutting than others.

i bought the 'CleanYourCar's own make DA, just the beginners pack. It came with a black finishing pad, a yellow pad which is kind of in the middle and a green which is a lot harsher. The kit unfortunately didn't name each pad.

as for the backing plates, I only have what it came with. I believe it's a 5" and a 3.5".

I have Meguiars Microfibre DA swirl removal kit in the post at the moment, so I'm slowly getting there, just don't want to damage the car as I have no idea of paint depth etc.