ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP ME OUT GUYS!!! steering problem/top mounts requiring slotting

2005 black clio 182
Hi Guys,

In need of some help...has anyone heard of a problem with clio 182 (55plate) top mounts. All i can hear whilst turning (3 poit turns etc) in a 'rubbing' or 'grinding' noise. This appears to be affecting the steering as well!...I put it into the dreaded Arnold Clark at east lane in paisley and was charged £65 odd for them looking at it, after them advising me that the 'alteration' to the top mount housing was NOT covered in the £400 warrenty i was persuaded to purchase by the salesman (i was stupid i know). Does anyone have a clue what the problem could be/what or why it requires this alteration ????

Thanks guys

Andy

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Normal. There is a fix, using special washers (Yozzasport IIRC). I couldn't be btothered.

2005 black clio 182
cheers warren bud-legend!!! However, i can't find the washers on the yozza site. Bare faced cheek but could you pop the link in a reply mate ??? thanks a lot i really appreciate it.
Andy