ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help me tweak my photos for printing! (Please)

Audi S3 Saloon
Hi all,

Following on from this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...re-printed-to-canvas-(High-Res-Images-Inside)

I've decided to go for one of my Machu Picchu pictures to get printed onto a canvas (a big one) 32x24"!

I've picked out the below images (thumbnails shown and download link at the bottom for full size images for editing).

Basically after your advice on which you think is most suitable/will look best blown up. (Some of the edges will get folded over onto the frame).

Also, any editing that anyone can do which you think will improve them would be much appreciated! e.g Make the greens stronger etc.

p.s Sorry for anything amateur, I'm not a real photographer, just a snapper!

If you edit one of the full size images, please pm me and I'll send you my email address to send it to me.

Cheers.

Last edited:
  Audi S3 Saloon
th_1.jpg

th_2.jpg

th_3.jpg

th_4.jpg

th_5.jpg

th_6.jpg

th_7.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?1c0ygbgqy...3iyemghejfn6v,9sixv1enaunqp2m,zlq6d8837hg5cj6

dk

911 GTS Cab
Personally I would say the third or second to last ones, just because they have a bit more around the edges which will sit well when stretched around the edges of the canvas.

It definitely needs brightening up a bit, there must be someone on here who can do that as all i'll do is make a few adjustments in iPhoto, which I'm happy to do if no-one else helps out.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to say this in your other thread but never did.

I know the photo's are a little sentimental being your own, but have you considered finding the same shot on flickr taken by a pro and getting that printed instead?

Would look a lot better and would be the same picture afterall...

Just a thought, that's what I'd do anyway.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Hmmm, I could never do that, it's not the same, you'd have to lie to everyone that it's yours when it's not, it means so much more if you have taken the picture. All it needs is a bit of editing and it will look as good, the chances are that the one you find which is 'better' on Flickr has just had a load of PP

I'm having a go now. Stay online for 10 and I'll pop a few up. I'm a camera noob too so go easy on me!!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
When getting them done on canvas they should be able to duplicate the wrapped parts - I got an image of an old boat wharf in Norfolk on canvas for my 22nd and they'd duplicated about an inch all the way round - unless you look really close you cant tell thats the case (shingle all looks pretty much all the same anyway). If they don't do it then it's easy enough to do in Photoshop so that when they do stretch it you don't loose any of the actual image...

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
This one, cropped and edited thusly. Person is not the focal point, neither are the trees, it's all about the development over the valley.

Would look good made into a 221:100 ratio-ish canvas.

this-one.jpg

dk

911 GTS Cab
black and white doesn't really work on canvases IMO, needs lots of colour.

he can't use the wide one as he's already bought the size, the miniature one, again, not sure that works on a canvas.

And you do need to be careful of the edges like i said, the ones with him in them, he's too close to the edge IMO. yes some companies do try and blend it, i have one of those and its my least favourite, just doesn't work, either a white edging or a wrap is best, i have both and both work really, id struggle with a wrap on some of mine as id lose detail around the sides etc. You can't do it in photoshop to add bits to the sides as you don't know where they are going to stretch to exactly, so you are very unlikely to get the join on the actual edge of the frame.

I do like Sams middle one but i just don't know about the bottom bit being missed off when it goes to print.