ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help my car has not started twice!!!!

hey all i had a bit of a problem with my car last week when i went to work, i parked it behind my familys car and left it there a few hours and later on at night i tried to ignite my engine but nothing would happen. the key would turn over and nothing would happen

i checked the battery and all my electricals was working lights soud system etc. i kept trying but al i had was the noise of when the key turns over but nothing starts. so then after 10 mins or so i try one more time while checking the engine and stuff and it suddenly worked.

but today i went to work parked in the same place etc and around the same time it happeed again to me, and after 10 mins or so, it happen to work again.
bearing in mind during the week it has never done this and i drive very often
can anyone tell me why it does this and what possible problems it could have.

thanks any help possible

bon

Could possibly be the TDC sensor. Sometimes it just won't start if the TDC sensor breaks and sometimes it will start only sometimes. Is there a warning light on the dash or anything?

tdc sensor? can any explain on what i does sory dont really know about technical stff. i do have the engine management light on, but thats becuase of my exhaust. its been on for about a year now lol.

immobiliser. should the light turn off when its running normaly. dont see why it wont start due to the imboliser tho?

TVR Cerbera
tdc sensor? can any explain on what i does sory dont really know about technical stff. i do have the engine management light on, but thats becuase of my exhaust. its been on for about a year now lol.

immobiliser. should the light turn off when its running normaly. dont see why it wont start due to the imboliser tho?

tdc sensor tells the ecu the engine speed....no tdc engine won't run

immobiliser light is off when running or ign on. if the ign isn't 'seeing' the key (electronic immobiliser signal from key fob) then engine won't start.

did it turn over but not fire or did you turn the key and nothing happened?

cheers for the feedback guys, i turned over and its didnt do anything. just made that sound like a loud TUT sound and thats about it. after 10 mintues it was fine?

would a garage know how to check this as its not realy a regular thing?

ITB'd MK1
cheers for the feedback guys, i turned over and its didnt do anything. just made that sound like a loud TUT sound and thats about it. after 10 mintues it was fine?

would a garage know how to check this as its not realy a regular thing?

sticky starter motor solenoid

ITB'd MK1
starter is a bit of a pain to remove as it's under the exhaust manifold. It's normally heat that causes problems with these things so if it's when the engine is warm, i'd be more confident to say it's a starter issue.

TVR Cerbera
yea na, i dont think heat is the issue, cos it happen at night and happenn striaght away when car was cold

maybe not a hot fault, could be a cold fault - starter solenoid sticking maybe

TBH if it starts doing it a lot then get it into a garage to diagnose, if not then put it down to owning french technology.....

lol true its happened twice now and i did a dianostic check on my lil machine it nothing is wrong. so may just have to wait and see