ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! My exhaust is dead!

Clio Sport 172
Im looking for advice on exhaust repair on my 172 mk2 or recommendations on a new one!

I have taken it to a friends garage who said the middle pipe has rotted, where it goes in the box and the box itself. Couldnt really be patched apparently. He gave me a quote of £394! with the renault parts! (plus £30 fitting). Im thinking k-tec stelth system??? Cant really afford it now but i guess i has to be done now.
Any ideas?
Thanx x lou x

P.S. If you are a cliosport member do you still get discount at k-tec? (i failed to renew mine but will do)

Clio Sport 172
Mmmm, still not happy!
Thank but im not sure what to get but i dont really want to cut into the bumper or have a tail pipe out the back. Thats why i wondered about the stealth system.
Anyone have it? Any good?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Prospeed do custom systems AFAIK so you could still have it stealth. The exhausts are notorious for falling apart and, for longetivity, your best bet is to go aftermarket.

As for the KTR one, I don't have any experience.

Megane225FF
5% off at ktec for members..
most custom s/s places will build one to your requirement so you dont have to cut into the bumper..

Clio Sport 172
Thanx. Yeh, not sure im liking the sound of custom made! Sounds expensive! I dont really want to spend more than £300 (if any, but i looks like im gonna have to!).
Cardiff is a bit far but K-tec is only 45mins from home.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
k-tec stealth exhausts are poor imo, the ones i've seen either knock on the rear beams or blow..... do a search.........a pro speed can be made exactly as you want (ie no pipes visible),wont blow etc. Mine was 290 fitted

Clio Sport 172
Thanx guys!
Just did a search actually, should have done that first! Alot of info.
I may check out this place in cardiff, if i can get a lift. Not risking driving considering ive been lucky driving to germany and back!
If not then ill try a local place that custom fit.

tiTTy & SV650
blueflame group buy on just now, 30% off RRP

get your local place to fit it but get the exhaust from them if you fancy it.

172 cat back stainless steel system with lifetime warranty - RRP £295 + £15 delivery = £310
group buy price: £206.50 + £15 delivery = £221.50
saving £88.50

doesnt have to be cut into the bumper, looks like this:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8938&d=1150979244

IMG_2207Large.jpg
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8939&d=1150979251

Clio Sport 172
Thanks rory182 but id rather have one minus a tailpipe showing for insurance purposes. Does look nice tho! Very tempting. Im shopping around at the wkd so may consider later if im not too late for the group buy.