ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, need a kick to get me started :)

Hi all,

I'm about to go and pick up my new 197 (18k miles, 06 plate, cabasse stereo, upgraded lights - £11k), which I looked at on NYE and put my deposit down.

The only thing is this morning I'm getting a serious bout of the sensible blues....should I complete the deal or go sensible?!

I live in central London so a car is mainly for the shopping run, and out of town jaunts every couple of weeks, but a new job (maybe) will require a bit more long distance driving. I've had a smart car (believe it or not a great laugh!) for the last 2 years, and before that I had an RX8 (my god those things can drink petrol!).

This morning though I'm thinking that £11k is still a fair whack, and how much of that will I see in 24 months when I want to sell? Also after poking around on here the petrol consumption on the 197 looks pretty bad too.

So...am I being a pssy, and should I just go and get it!

Help please! :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well if you pull out you lose your deposit staright away.
buy it if its costing too much sell it

I think i could probably wangle the deposit back and get a more normal clio.

Whats your call on the petrol on them?

Thanks for the quick replies!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just buy it you pansy!
11k seems like a good buy if you dont like it youll easy be able to get that back

ph1 172
in my 172 i get about 25mpg around town which isnt perticularly bad really.
motorway driving i get 32-35mpg.

id say the 197 wont be too different from that

Just got another quick question or two:

1. I need to fit in a tomtom and hide the wires down the right hand side of the dash, are there any things i need to be careful with when poking around back there?

2. Ive got the upgraded cabasse 6CD unit which I want to replace with my decent DAB head unit - as its 6CD is it normal size, or do I need to remove the entire dash? (hope not!)

Cheers

Will

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Just got another quick question or two:

1. I need to fit in a tomtom and hide the wires down the right hand side of the dash, are there any things i need to be careful with when poking around back there?

2. Ive got the upgraded cabasse 6CD unit which I want to replace with my decent DAB head unit - as its 6CD is it normal size, or do I need to remove the entire dash? (hope not!)

Cheers

Will
Pics of the unit? Is it a single DIN slot or does it take up a few?

Its a single normal stereo (din?) size slot, i was just wondering how/if they manage to squeeze a full 6 cd autochanger inside it?!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Its a single normal stereo (din?) size slot, i was just wondering how/if they manage to squeeze a full 6 cd autochanger inside it?!

Dunno, I know Blaupunkt do an aftermarket unit that's like that

If it's single DIN then any normal CD player will go in there :)