ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed cambelt snapped

mk2 clio 172
cambelt snapped on friday on my mk2 172. The head is off and all 16Valves are bent would it be cheaper to but a new head or the valves? and does anybody on the forum sell heads?

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
i know the feeling, mine is only a 1.2 8v and it snapped on saturday, took 5 valves from what i can tell. Getting inlet valves for £4 each, exhaust valves for £5 each. Having the guides checked, valves ground in, the head skimmed and cleaned up for £45 by a mates work.

Obviously more expensive for you though

mk2 clio 172
no it was goin in for a change next week. not to worry goin to put a new engine in pistons are tits aswell expensive day.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
best bet is to change at 36k as said above, particulary if the car is mainly used for short trips around town, etc.

Shame though, the car must just be out of warranty.

Its just almost as likely that something seized and caused the belt to break - but thats not an issue as the engine is being replaced.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
sorry to hear that matey.

i had mine changed at 51k on my Mk1 172. Mainly because i knew how it was going to be driven. lol.

Fred will solve problems, as usual. hope it gets sorted quickly fella

--chris

mk2 clio 172
just like to say big thanx to FRED for sorting out a new engine turned up today back on the road friday 1 happy customer.