ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed, car wont start!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Went to turn the car on yesterday morning, it wouldn't fire up. It seems that it's just the firing up that isn't happening...

But weirdly, left it for 5mins, tried and it started without any sign of a problem.
I tested the car out throughout the rest of the day and it was fine!

Got in the car to drive to work this afternoon, got the same, not firing up!
It's trying its hardest to start but wont, battery was changed less than a year ago and it
doesn't seem like that at all.

What do you guys think it is, spark plugs?

Really need help here, cheers, Phil

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Where can I find the TDC sensor on my 1.6?

I will have a look tomorrow, it's a wee bit dark and late now, thanks for the help so far! :)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Red lights just lit up red, but when trying to start my dash is like a Christmas tree...

Just tried it again, nothing, couldnt see the TDC after a good look, I hear it has a banana shaped clip thing on it? Does it always have this?

BMW 330cd
my car has been doing this, mine is the fuel pump not priming first time i turn the key. second time you can hear it prime and starts up fine! think its on its last legs :-(

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Just had the AA out for a bit, guy was great, pissing it down and got on with it.

TDC is fine, got a good spark. Fuel pump is fine. Problem is injectors, they have no power to them.
It's either the relay to them, or the ECU?

God knows, I know nothing about electrics so the auto electrician will be getting a call tomorrow.

Golf GTD Mk7
It sounds like a relay or UCH issue to me mate. I'm having the same issue with mine at the mo. It's lost it's code for some reason. You need to get it on clip really to give you a better understanding of the problem. Get the auto eleccy to check the relays, and signal before an after relay, but if it's not that, then UCH isn't giving the ECU a signal to fire up.