ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed - Connecting a USB Hard drive to a PS3

Hi,

Need some help please. My PS3 60gb will accept a standard USB memory stick and read images etc from it to then save off. However, when connecting an Iomega 600gb hard via the USB (with images, video saved on it already) it doesn't recognise it and won't display an icon to view files or anything - basically doesn't see it on the screen.

I've tried turning it on and off, connecting USB leads in all 4 front ports but nothing. Interesting when you connect a memory stick to the back of the hd the PS3 picks this up!

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt.

clio 16v
I've has similar difficulties except my 40Gb model does not recognise external hd's or a memory stick. Never bothered trying to figure it out TBH :(

Octy VRS
Mine works fine.

Must be externally powered, FAT32 and have the correct folder names.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Mine works fine.

Must be externally powered, FAT32 and have the correct folder names.
doesn't have to be externally powered and doesn't have to have the right folders, i have both a usb powered and brick powered drives connecting to mine and once it appears you just click triangle and choose show all and all your folders appear, simple.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Speaking of external HDD's, a nice shiny 1TB Apple Time Capsule arrived at my work for me today :)

Tried formatting it to FAT partcians last night but it won't let me. Deleted the current NTFP (think its that) but there is no FAT option on the drop down in the disk management section.

Arghhh!