ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed ! Damaged Storm Grey

2011 Clio200
Hi
The worst thing happened this weekend ,a work colleague left his van door open and reversed into the back of my Clio 200 storm Grey!
Could anyone give me a idea on what price i'm looking at for a new sprayed bumper & possible drivers rear side wing :/ Im absolutely gutted !!

Attachments

• Clio Damage.JPG
    Clio Damage.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
You won't need a new rear arch, a repair will be fine.

New bumper I presumed will be £400 + £300 (spray), new light £250, arch repair and blend £500.

Complete guesstimates.

Why don't you have it repaired via insurance?

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
Your rear quarter panel will repair and you don't really want it replaced anyway as it's quite a big job, you will have to drill out all the spilt welds cut it join it, weld, fill, prime and paint. You will then have to paint more of the car to blend the paint as you can't really paint edge to edge. As its just clipped the quarter panel you can keep the repair local and blend the paint in the quarter panel meaning you don't have to go into the door. If it was mine I would want the rear quarter glass out otherwise there is a good chance you will have a line where it meats the rubber, it will be small but still there. As for cost you will not get any change out of a grand if you want a good job doing, but it depends how fussy you are .

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What Chris said. Pretty straight forward repair. Make sure the repairer knows there should be no compromise on colour, 99% of places won't have painted Storm Grey before.