ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Needed!

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Hi Guys,

Just drove my Fiesta now and after pulling out of my street the car began to make a bad banging noise, steering became extremely heavy. Noise only seemed to be when I'd turn the wheels past around 45 degrees each way.

Dropped it off at my local garage and the guy said (without) looking at it that it was the coil spring, however both myself and a mate have had a quick look and can see no evidence of this, the car hasn't dropped at all.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what the problem could potentially be.

Thanks in advance for the help.

James

Various
Not sure on the steering but the banging noise might be your wheel arch liner hitting the wheel. I would look at your drive shafts too the bearings might be shot.

Clio1.2, Dodge Caliber
Fiesta's have a bearing at the top of the spring underneath the arch which are prone to failing. fairly simple job to replace if it is only the bearing.