ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP NEEDED!!!

RF4

N17 CAJ
My car has been in the garage for a week or so now, and the mechanic has said about my electrics. He says all the wires are burnt and the dashboard module has gone? It caused the lights to start flashing at me on my dash then when I turned to wheel, there was a zapping noise from the steering column and then smoke came from the steering wheel! Anybody have any diea as to what the problem is and a cost/time scale of the repair? Thanks!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Right guys this car is currently sitting on my driveway in pieces!

When i collected the car, every time you turned the steering wheel the horn would blow... Disconnected the horn and took the car home, removed the steering cowling, and steering wheel.. Found the wires for the horn on the squib broken and were shorting out when the wheel was turned. So i sourced a new squib got it fitted and everything worked fine.. Put it back together and tested it again.. Horn didnt work.. f**k my life! Took it all to pieces again to check for any broken wires etc and there was nothing... Checked the fuse, its fine, checked the live to it and there is nothing... Bt there is a live to the plug on the horn (steering wheel end) put a live on the fuse and the horn goes all the time... Iv got the top dash off and cant see any obvious break or signs of a short around the clocks are (where the smoke was coming from)

anyone have any ideas before it drives me insane?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yep im sure i mentione that above, though ipad crashed 3 times typring it so might have misse it out

SQ5
You said you'd put a live on it, but didn't know if you'd tested for continuity through the fuse too!

Sorry that's all the help I can give.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yeah there is nothing at the fuse... Its got me baffled! Im wondring if it could be a faulty squib...