ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed!!!

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Hi guys and gals,

I have a Cliosport 182 cup, 2005 year. When the steering wheel is in the normal position, the wheels are pointing straight, if I move the steering wheel from left - right, fairly quickly, there is a 'clunking' noise coming from either the steering column or under the car. A local mechanic has just changed the bottom rods that, I think bolt on the to ball joint but its still clunking..... :-( Any ideas before I take it to Renault main dealers and fork out a frigging fortune!!!

Hope someone can advise me or help?

Cheers Tim :)

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Hi, thanks for your reply. Its strange as I know what a CV joint sounds like as I had to replace 1 on an older 172. Are they expensive??

Clio Sport 182 Cup
Hi, thanks for your reply, if it is the top mounts, would they only make a noise when stationary and turning the st wheel quickly left - right? I must admit on bumpy road surfaces there seems to be more of a 'rumbling' noise on the offside, which the mechanic said had play in the steering? Are top mounts expensive?/

RB clio 182
Probably steering rack bushes. I have the same problem but havent bothered to get it fixed yet.