ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help needed

Titanium 182

i know you lads hate saxos etc

but the vtr is a great car for low insurance, and you could pick a decent 51 plate up for around 6k with low miles and standard example

there a lad better than the zetec s slightly faster but corner well and are fun, for a little blast they look tidy if you get a nuce coloured one silver or icelandic blue

How you doing boys and girls

Been a long time since I posted on here.

I need your guys advice. I am taking on a job in a couple of weeks and its very likely that I will find it hard to make the repayments back on my mini cooper. As much as this upsets me I need to start serious looking at other cars that I could change to. Lucky my car is worth around 13k maybe a little more. I dont really want to spend more that 6 on the new car as I need to pay of as much of the loan of as possible then re arrange a new direct debit. Well I hink you all get the idea so I stop there

I dont what a car that too high on insurance 8 is my max really.

So far the only possible car is a fiesta zetec s. What else is out there

Serious answers thou people I am 20 and as we all know insurance is sh*t!!!!!!!

I would pop along to the local renault dealer and have a look at the 1.4 16v, test drove one a while back good price and nippy little motors come with all the creature comforts good looking with a low insurance group.

You may even find that if you can buy new you may even get free insurance saving you that bit extra. not sure what they retail at but that my suggestion and it dont hurt to go have a look and a chat.

Hi mate - I remember your old RT!:D

First of all, the good news is that youre in a good position in terms of retained value wih the Mini.

You might not think so after having spent so much, but £6k is a lot of money and Id encourage you to spend even less and keep a few grand in your back pocket. You could sell the Mini, settle a large part of the finance on it and then get yourself something "new" with the rest. Spending a little less on the car will allow you to be more flexible with the insurance too.

Im thinking that because you got a new car in the first place that reliability and just being able to get into a car and drive it with no possiblities of a breakdown are important to you? If thats the case then you may want to rule out a lot of nice hot hatches like the 16V or Williams. But the fact remains that the 16V in particular is a very cheap car to buy nowadays and if you get one over 10 years old it really affects the insurance too (Group 12 as Im sure you know).

I think that the Zetec-S is a capable enough Mini replacement and probably as offers as painless a transition as possible from the handling/speed of your Mini. However, like I say, £6k is a lot of money and Id be unhappy losing a lot of that in depreciation on a Zetec-S.

My logic for this is that I recently bought a mint Willy for £4700 (plus £700 to insure, 1 year NCB, 23 years old) with 54k on the clock and I think thats more like it in terms of VFM and minimising the depreciation. From another perspective, I also drive my mums 1997 Volvo S40 - a 2.0 with electric heated leather, cruise, CD stacker, alloys, electrics etc. OK, so its not the most exciting car ever, but its really good at clocking up big miles in comfort and would probably go for about £5k these days (£20k new).

So, spend less and get more VFM my man! Forget this Zetec-S nonsense and get your thinking cap on! :D Travelling around without car is easier than most of us think, so sell the Mini and then see how much dosh you get from that after settling some of the finance. Good luck!

Why dont you get one of the last of the original mini coopers. For well less than 6k you could get the last fuel injected ones, with the sportpack and the really wide minilights, loads of fun, pretty cheap to run, and last injected ones were pretty reliable, just get it well oil sprayed every year