ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! New Clio, 17 not sure what to do

Etoile 1.4 16v
Well, ive got a Clio Etoile (white), 1.4 16v 98 horse. (will upload a picture soon) not sure what really to do with it, its completely stock atm and so far these are the things im considering doing. Just need some abit of guidance on how to fit them, cheapest place to buy, if the parts are worth getting etc.

New alloys, either-clio sport ones, or any really under £250 really, maybe vts alloys, sprayed charcoal? or what colour alloys would go with a white car?

Lowered, No idea what springs 40mm-60mm?

Wind Deflectors team heko

Clio sport small glass like spoiler

Sprayed clio badges

New exhaust system no idea...lol ideas please?

Small Accessoires clio tax disk holder, maybe new gearstick.

For the engine. not sure what to get, as i dont want the car to sound to loud, yet just a little grunt would be nice lol. Ive read somewhere k and n airfilters exaggerate what they can add in hrsepwr etc, so should i fit normal basic one (to keep engine clear) then new spark plugs? cold air filter? induction kit, which one?

Also on slightly low-ish bugget so cant add a new engine or nothing drastic lol

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I'm sure you'll hear this a lot, but you're going to be limited on what you do because of insurance, as I'm sure it's already not cheap on a standard car.
Try to keep it simple, inexpensive and avoid affecting insurance.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I'm sure you'll hear this a lot, but you're going to be limited on what you do because of insurance, as I'm sure it's already not cheap on a standard car.
Try to keep it simple, inexpensive and avoid affecting insurance.

This tbh..

But..
Well, ive got a Clio Etoile (white), 1.4 16v 98 horse. (will upload a picture soon) not sure what really to do with it, its completely stock atm and so far these are the things im considering doing. Just need some abit of guidance on how to fit them, cheapest place to buy, if the parts are worth getting etc.

New alloys, either-clio sport ones, or any really under £250 really, maybe vts alloys, sprayed charcoal? or what colour alloys would go with a white car? VTS wheels wont fit, id go for 172/182 wheels

Lowered, No idea what springs 40mm-60mm? i lowered my first car 40mm didnt make a huge difference, so i went 60mm and it looked better but be prepared for a sh*tty ride and shocks lasting 5mins unless u change those too

Wind Deflectors team heko Im undecided on these im getting a set to see if i like them :rasp:

Clio sport small glass like spoiler unless you have £150 for a cup spoiler id just get a spoiler off a sport or dynamic

Sprayed clio badges Common thing to do, why not ;)

New exhaust system no idea...lol ideas please? on a 1.2 id say a full system is a waste of money id just get a back box but its personal preference...

Small Accessoires clio tax disk holder, maybe new gearstick. Why not ;)

For the engine. not sure what to get, as i dont want the car to sound to loud, yet just a little grunt would be nice lol. Ive read somewhere k and n airfilters exaggerate what they can add in hrsepwr etc, so should i fit normal basic one (to keep engine clear) then new spark plugs? cold air filter? induction kit, which one? If you want sound get an open cone but it will suffer a bit of heatsoak, or you could just get a panel filter, no noise but makes a small difference to airflow.

Also on slightly low-ish bugget so cant add a new engine or nothing drastic lol

172 cup
Take all the money from all the things you want to do above and save it towards your next car... Do anything else with it and you will never see it again, especially the things on your list :)

Etoile 1.4 16v
Just too say a big thanks for all the reply already, really helpfull!!
Im not too fused about speed really, as i understand im 17, and to be fair the 0-62 is around 10 seconds in this, and top speed 120, and for me thanks quick enough (for now) ahaa.
i just think that the cracked wheel hubs look abit 'tacky' and maybe some simple mods could help inhance it just a bit.

197 FF Glacier White
Just too say a big thanks for all the reply already, really helpfull!!
Im not too fused about speed really, as i understand im 17, and to be fair the 0-62 is around 10 seconds in this, and top speed 120, and for me thanks quick enough (for now) ahaa.
i just think that the cracked wheel hubs look abit 'tacky' and maybe some simple mods could help inhance it just a bit.

Don't spend anything on it.

Just keep it maintained.

Then, with the money you are saving by not polishing a turd, you can by a cheap 172 and use it as a track car only. No major risk of getting into trouble on the road and thrills aplenty, the fact that you know the 0-60 and top speed times of your Clio proves beyond doubt you ARE bothered by speed and the road is no place to explore a car these days, to many cars, terrible roads and technology that can clock your speed LONG before you realise you've been collared!

I gave this same speach to my step son, he shrug it off, then, several weeks later came to see me and announced he was buying a scooter as he really actually didn't need a car, is buying a 106 Rallye and slowly preparing to use it as a track car for next year. The almost 2K it WAS going to cost him for insurance alone has (we think) found him a good solid example of a 106 to build on. I have told him if he gets it finished, I'll buy a trailer to get him to events as I'm pleased he's seen sense!

Sorted.

G

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
why not go for a ktec stealth? Im pretty sure they do a one for the 1.4 engines, plus itl give you a nicer note, without draining any power

clio sport f1 r27
Spend money on it Ur only 17 change when Ur 19-20 ish with 2 or 3 years ncb 17s lowered and a nice Zorst

S4 Avant
Spend money on it Ur only 17 change when Ur 19-20 ish with 2 or 3 years ncb 17s lowered and a nice Zorst

I have no idea what that says.

But either way, I'd do as the others have said and save money for something worth spending it on. In the grand scheme of things, you won't keep this car for years and years, and lets face it, beng 17 you will crash it at some point.

Stripped yozza'd cup
  Etoile 1.4 16v
I understand that im 17, and insurance may be alot, but ive got that sorted for a moderate price, I just want to take some pride in my car and enhance the looks slightly, nothing drastic, and to keep in well maintain, with out digressing to much, im looking at getting some 172 15" if i can find them. Also just to clear up im not a 'youth street racer' just normal teen interested in cars.

DCi 100
15" ph3 Dynamique wheels, decent set of tires (T1R's are cheap enough), give it a good polish/clean etc and stick with that. Plus as said, maintained well is the biggest need.

You can put so much money into it for no reason/gain what so ever. Honestly it's money down the drain!