ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help on prices etc

E90 320d M Sport
Hi there guys,

Looking at buying a 182 FF with both cup packs.

I'm seeing mass variations in price. I've been looking at 2004/54 plate ones with arount 40-50k miles and seen them range from £4500 to £6000.

Whats a good price for one of these?

Also, how can you distinguish the cup packs? Could somebody put the cup alloys on and say it's a cup?

Cheers.

£4500 probably won't be the best one. Might need belts doing etc.

£6000 is top money really. I'd say in the middle of them is a good price.

Make sure they've had the required services regardless of miles.

Cup packs.. The spoiler is slightly bigger, the front splitter is usually missing as its broken/fallen off! lol..

With the alloys/suspension.. Obviously anthracite is cup packed/cup wheels so they can easily be changed. There are 2 ways to be certain. Take a wheel off and measure the hubs. Should be 54mm IIRC for cup packed.

or phone Renault UK with the reg and they should tell you what it left the factory with.

E90 320d M Sport
Great thanks.

How much do the belts cost to do and when should they be done by?

Cheers

Nothing at the mo :(
i brought my 04 reg 182 with 19k for 5600 the other week. getting the belts done at rentech in 1 week for 520. so its cost me 6100 in total :D and i must say i love it :D

E90 320d M Sport
I'm hunting for an early 182 (2004) for around £4500, not too fussed about the cup packs, it'll handle well in FF form anyway won't it?

Do you advise this or do you think or should I just look for a late 172?

Mini Cooper S sport
Well put it this way, you get what you pay for. You might find a 182 for that price but it'll cost you more money one way or another.

ross_16v

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I'm hopefully going to be looking at a 04 182 with 34k miles on it. The guys wanting 6k for it, but it's not had the belts done yet. It's got a FSH though! I was thinking it must be worth around the 5k mark?

koi

Audi S1
£4500 probably won't be the best one. Might need belts doing etc.

£6000 is top money really. I'd say in the middle of them is a good price.

Make sure they've had the required services regardless of miles.

Cup packs.. The spoiler is slightly bigger, the front splitter is usually missing as its broken/fallen off! lol..

With the alloys/suspension.. Obviously anthracite is cup packed/cup wheels so they can easily be changed. There are 2 ways to be certain. Take a wheel off and measure the hubs. Should be 54mm IIRC for cup packed.

or phone Renault UK with the reg and they should tell you what it left the factory with.

Don't need to take the wheels off, just put it on full lock.

E90 320d M Sport
Seen a 53 172, fsh, new belts, 50k miles, silver - £4195

Is this overpriced?

Will it have cruise and traction control being a 53?

Black Gold Trophy
I thought it was 60mm from centre to centre of the bolts?

172s are going for pennies nowadays, they can be bought for as little as £2500

182s can be bought for as little as £4500, but your main thing to look out for is service history, there are plenty people around asking top money for 182s that havent had the belts changed and any '04 plate 182 is going to be due to have them changed as the service interval is 72,000 miles or 5 years for cambelt and you might aswell change the aux belt while youre at it. Best to do them early as these cars get driven hard.
Also make sure that the work has been done by someone respectable, as many garages use and old fashioned method for timing the engine and usually put one of the pulleys out of phase causing a severe loss in power and potential damage to the engine.

Age and mileage is not a true indication of the value in my opinion, I would be more bothered about the condition of the bodywork, interior and how the engine runs and what service history it has.
I also wouldnt bother with one without cup packs, it's still a great car none the less, but the price of adding them after market is just not worth thinking about!

Clio 182
I spent ages looking for a 182! Saw a few ones that were a bit cheaper but they just weren't as nice as the top money ones (I'm sure there are very nice examples out there for less money, I just didn't find any!) I ended up payin £6,500 for mine from the stealers!

E90 320d M Sport
I'm not going to go above £4500 so i'm probably best off looking for a last off the line 172.

Is this one over priced?

2003/53 172, fsh, new belts, 50k miles, silver - £4195

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm not going to go above £4500 so i'm probably best off looking for a last off the line 172.

Is this one over priced?

2003/53 172, fsh, new belts, 50k miles, silver - £4195

If the service history is all in order then the next port of call should be body work and wheels, they should be pretty blemish free and well cared for.

£4195 is a decent price if all of the above is in order.

You got a link to the said car?

ST
If the service history is all in order then the next port of call should be body work and wheels, they should be pretty blemish free and well cared for.

£4195 is a decent price if all of the above is in order.

You got a link to the said car?

Yep agree with that but some people are less particular than others..

E90 320d M Sport
It's in very good condition, one owner from new.

I'll try and get the link up in a bit.

Are the service intervals every 12,000 for 172's?

E90 320d M Sport
I've scrapped the 182 idea, now looking for a late 172.

How much is too much for a late 172.

I have seen a few 03-53 with 40k on the clock for around £4500, overpriced?

Cheers.