ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help on what spacers etc

crashed clio
im looking to push my wheels out a bit just to fill the arches better, nothing stupidly spaced, but i know NOTHING about spacers. what is the ideal size? do i need new wheel bolts? do they fit easily? do i get the same size for both front and back?
an example pic of my car so the more experienced amoungst you can guess the best size of spacer.
DSC_1532.jpg

thanks!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i would get FK or those ones above. new bolts should come in the kit, youll need hubscentric spacers, and youll probably want different sizes for the rear and for the front.

easiest way to know is measure the gap bud

172 Ph1
Im running 20mm front and 6mm rear suites me just lovely

Edit : i have eibach hubcentric ones front only
2036167d.jpg

aa254f9b.jpg

Last edited:
  MK3 GTI golf 16v
bit useless though ^^^

thats a ph1 sport and he has a ph2 non sport, wheel arches are different sizes and he probably has different size wheels.
only way to tell is to measure

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i am right in thinking 12/13mm is the smallest size they can machine hubscentrics in yeah ? anything under that its just normal spacers

crashed clio
thanks guys :) i will go measure the gap today. i think im leaning towards pics of 15mm tho. and its only lowered on springs -40mm

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I'd also be interested to know what spacers people with standard 182 cup wheels have gone for on a 182 cup/packed car.