ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - Play in wheel

Hi Guys

Have a 172 Cup and when accelerating hard on uneven ground the wheel pulls left and right, you really have to hold on tight me it's very unnerving and spoils the drive.

Checked for play on both fronts, no play at the 12 and 6 positions at all. No play at 9 and 3 on front offside but there is quite a lot of play 9 and 3 on the near side.

I changed the inner tie rods and track rod ends and this has improved the steering feel no end but still have play in the near side wheel.

What else could need changing which would cause play between the 9 and 3 positions?

Chris

Thanks for the reply Dan.

I was leaning against it being the balljoint as I cant see any play in it and it had a new Delphi branded one fitted last year. Although thats not to say it hasnt developed slight play which i cant see.

Im baffled!

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
Without the engine running, my n/s inner tie rod felt like it had play but with the engine running, it wasn't noticeable. My pal who is an MOT tester found nothing that would fail the car. Everything seemed solid. Mine seems intermittent now but on occasion turning right there is a single loud knock/bang. Not felt through the steering but sounds like it's right hand side just below and behind the driver