ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please, heater stuck on!!!

Clio 172
Hi guys turned up the climate today to 18*C and the heater turned itself on and is constantly at max temp (its all ready 28*C outside), have had the heater element out and the AC is still working fine, but once you unplug the element which is constantly on even with mini selected on the Climate control the fan stops, any ideas guys, have checked the fuses and all seems fine.

Please help its bl**dy warm without AC!

Clio 172
Right then after disconecting the battery all went back to normal, however when I turned up the heat to full, a sound like a flap closing was heard from behind the dash and then it was just hot air again? another reset and it is working again any ideas guys.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ Yeah , open your windows ;) Sounds like you've got a jammed flap :eek:

i had the same problem were my heater was stuck on full heat no matter where i set the temp.

the CC controls the temp by using a stepper motor to adjust the position of the flap you mentioned. Unfortunately on mine the socket on the flap that the stepper motor drives had broken. So the motor was slipping and not driving the motor correctly.

You need to remove the centre console around your gearstick. In the drivers footwell to the left of the clutch pedal you will see two small cylinders with valeo written on them. Remove the one closest to the engine (6mm) and have a look at the socket.

If the socket is not broken or split you can now set up the Temp flap so that it works correctly.

Firstly separate the stepper motor from its gearbox

With your engine running and AC on "mini" watch the stepper motor drive and ensure that it stops.

manually turn the temp control socket until the air get very cold. turn your engine off.

Manually adjust the gearbox for the stepper motor so that it can be replaced into the temp control socket at the coldest setting. Ensure that the flap has not moved.

Start your engine and confirm that the stepper motor does not move with the temp set at "mini" and then replace the stepper motor to its gearbox.

If the socket is broken then you have to remove mounting for both stepper motors and attempt to fix it, my socket was just split and i managed to fix it with a cable tie and some glue. Make sure that you dont run your engine or make any adjustments to the vent selector when this mounting is removed. This may sound complicated but it only took me 30mins when i knew what the problem was.

PM me if you want me to get some pics of what i did

hi guys 1st post on here

ive got a similar problem on my car, just changed the pollen filter as thought this would help, But the heater will blow cold air and if i increase temp i will get a lukewarm but if i increase to maximum and then try to decrease it will stay hot!!! Ive got climate on mine too, But after a few days of start, stopping the car will revert back to the cold setting. DaveP24 does this sound like your problem? Could you send me the pics if so please?
cheeers.