ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please knocking noise.

Hi guys looking for some advice, I get a loud knocking noise coming from the front left of the car when under hard acceleration. car is a 53 plate 172 cup.

RS RIP
.. i have changed the mounts all round and it still knocks under hard acceleration; common fault that you have to get used to :(

A thing that seems to cure it is to loosen up the two top enginemounts and pull the engine forward and retighten. this will get rid of the engine hitting the subframe..temorarily

people should tail it a bit on testdrive when buying it because they all have it... wo'nt be as much of a surprise then

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
had the same problem a month ago. knocking under hard acceleration in 1st &2nd. replaced the engine mount under the battery holder and it's gone. Hope this helps.

RS RIP
had the same problem a month ago. knocking under hard acceleration in 1st &2nd. replaced the engine mount under the battery holder and it's gone. Hope this helps.

Have you had a wet wheelspin yet since the change ?
Bet you it WILL knock.. need a wheelspin to find out

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
They will knock when in the rain wheel spinning
I have fiited two mounts to a car today and the noise is gone.

had my mate check it and reckons it is the lower mount. any ideas on a price for this? should i get another standard mount or up rate it?