ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please Magnex prob!!

Ive just spoken to Magnex about an exhaust for my mk2 172 and they told me that they only do one for the mk1 172

I know people on here have them on their mk2s so did I speak to a bloke who didnt know what he was on or did u guys have to modify the mk1 exhaust to fit the mk2 or are they the same anyway???:confused:

Clio 200 FF

I had one fitted to my mk2, the tailpipe was 1" too high so pushed the bumper up a bit and the bend was in the wrong place where it goes over the axle so rubbed - when driving on a and b roads it banged a lot, there was no adjustment. Had it on for 4-5 days then got rid and went back to standard.

I bought the system 2nd hand (off here) and the tailpipes welds had cracked where they were welded to the box, 3 weeks later (this was before i had it fitted) magnex were refusing to do anything - lifetime warranty? yeah right

Magnex have no warranties. Forget anything you read. Any warranty claims are pushed back saying "bad fitting" stone chip damage" etc.

But, then again, so do all companies offering lifetime warranties

ive been told by quite a few people that magnex arent very good exhausts & have crap customer service...............makes me glad i didnt buy a magnex exhaust for my car.

another thead on here peolpe were saying how good they were, thats why I decided to go for a magnex :confused:

Mike, are you happy with your magnex?????

Viv

RB5 & 172

im well pleased with my magnex on my mk1, had a magnex on my old saxo and was pleased with that aswell. never had to claim on the warranty though and my car is knocking but im putting that down to an engine mount which is getting checked out today.

after i got mine i read on here that the magnex is only for mk1s up to jan 2001 or something like that, mine is a feb 2001 and it took them 2 hours to fit it, but like i said im more than happy with it, sounds so sweeeeet.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Perfectly happy with mine - and believe me I would have kicked up a fuss if I wasnt - my car was only 3 months old when I had it fitted! Magnex do enjoy a good reputation - but I think that the customer experience is pretty much down to the quality of the fitting. If its fitted well it should give no trouble at all - mine certainly hasnt.

When you buy the exhaust you get a registration card which you send to Magnex. The lifetime warranty is conditional upon an annual inspection - a card is supplied for this purpose. You just go back to your fitter once a year and he checks the thing over and stamps the card. As long as the card has all its stamps the lifetime warranty will be ok. I dont think that Magnex would offer a warranty on second-hand stuff.

Just make sure that you get the right one - check the part number, and ensure that youre happy with the fitting. Then complete the registration card, send it off and youll be ok.

Magnex guarantees the fit of the exhaust on the car it was developed for. The original buyer of the exhaust gets a lifetime guarantee but it is not transferable to the second hand purchaser.

The Mark 2 Clio Sport 02 Model will be available from Magnex soon.

Magnex.

so guys.........a reply from MAGNEX themselves !!!..................so question is.........how come some of you have MAGNEX exhausts fitted to your MK2 clio sports & they dont make one !!!

mike........id wait untill the new exhaust comes out & then demand Demon Tweeks replace your current one free of charge........as they knowingly sold & fitted a exhaust to your MK2 clio sport........& it was for the MK1 clio sport !!!

Youd think that the mk1 and mk2 would be basicaly the same, afterall its just cosmetic changes to the front end and headlights that they did and nothing to the body.

Or am I wrong???? :confused:

There are post up about this but from what i know there is a difference between MK1 and Mk2 exhausts, on my MK1 there is a two pipe silencer just after the exhaust manifold... ive heard people say that they have a single pipe silencer, this is the only diffence i know about

Clio 200 FF

Bri i think what youve heard is some clios have 2 sensors (in the downpipe), all 172s have 1 silencer in the center pipe

Correct me if im wrong anyone

Renault Laguna Coupe

These things dont make any difference to the zorst as its a cat-back so those bits dont really matter. I think the rear valance may be a bit lower on the Mk2, but thats it.

We have made some investigation into why the Mk2 system is different to the Mk1 system. We have contacted Renault and found that the Cat on the Mk2 system is in the downpipe. Renault have different part numbers for the Mk1 system and the Mk2 system.

There is also signiciant body styling changes which would also indicate that our system may require cutting or hang too close to the body work.

We are therefore not confident to sell our existing mk1 system to fit ALL mk2 clio sports. Some people may wish to fit it - but we will not accept any returns for fitting onto a model we do not list. ie the mk 2 if it becomes a problem.

We will be developing a system for this and is planned into our development schedule and will let you know when it becomes available.

Magnex.

Mk 2 Clio System 172 Sport.

We have had a 2002 clio in today and our XSR05/O and the XSR05/TR will fit.

However, we have not tried it on the face lift version yet and hope to have this in very soon.

Will keep you updated. For further information, call our sales line on 01773 876330.

Magnex

Sorry our mistake - it will fit the 2002 model.

We havent had the 2003 model to confirm it will fit - we are sourcing the car.

Sorry for the confusion.

Magnex

Mk 2 Clio System 172 Sport.

We have had a 2002 clio in today and our XSR05/O and the XSR05/TR will fit.

However, we have not tried it on the face lift version yet and hope to have this in very soon.

Will keep you updated. For further information, call our sales line on 01773 876330.

Magnex

Ok Ok, all very good but what is... XSR05/O...etc etc???? Is this a part number? Does anyone know which exhaust??? :confused:

I rang Demon Tweeks today to enquire about MAGNEX cat back system was told if my car has two lambda sensors then they could not supply/fit a cat back system.....only option was rear box only from DEVIL or REMUS.....My car has the two sensors.:confused:

Renault Laguna Coupe

172gal - XSR05/O = 6x4" oval pipe cat-back system.

and XSR05/TR = twin 3.5" pipe cat-back system.

mick_cup - they are talking rubbish - I got my Magnex from Demon Tweeks! The lambda sensors have nothing to do with it - its a cat-back exhaust so the existing sensors stay exactly where they are.

dam...just spent my spare cash on a set of alloys insted of an exhaust......oh well, its back on the list for next time ;)