ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help please! whats been blanked??

clio 172 flame red
afternoon, something has been blanked on the side of the block, one before the inlet and one behind.
whats suppose to be there? i circled it in the pic and an arrow to the other..
im in the middle of putting some things back to standard and spotted these.
thanks

swin

engineblanked.jpg

172/1.2/E30
Is that a coin in the middle of the circled bit (camshaft seal cap)? The arrow is pointing towards the throttle body!?

clio 172 flame red
arrow wouldnt go that far down :) its in the same place as the other but behind the throttle, both blanked the same with 2p's :-s
was like this when i got it but only just spotted it

The 2 things that have been blanked are called core plugs behind them is the end of the camshafts where the horse shoe locking tool goes.

The 2p's are covering the holes from when they were previously removed. 15

clio 172 flame red
ahhh ok, they where coloured in black or id of spotted them before.
yes its got fsh, was just asking as a seen the bolt holes and thought something was ment to be there.
do i need 2 new seals then? and whats the part number? thanks

The 2 things that have been blanked are called core plugs behind them is the end of the camshafts where the horse shoe locking tool goes.

The 2p's are covering the holes from when they were previously removed. 15

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Flol!

I guess someone made a hole in the caps to drag them out, then "repaired" them like this.

TBH I highly doubt it will do any harm, but it looks horrific so I would be changing them personally.