ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please!!!!! wont start!!

clio 172 (2001)
Got a 51 plate 172, drove it sat was fine, went to start it sunday and turned the ignition and jus got a clonking sort of sound!! rev counter and speedo jumping, and a sort of chattering noise!!
Then went to lock it and the key wouldnt work, got spare key that did work but still not starting, would'nt jump start either, but could bump start it fine then when turned off again same problem????

Any help much appreciated!!

db

db detailing™
this happened to mine about a month ago. wouldn't start jumped off another car.

changed the battery and was fine.

hope this helps

Clio 172 Mk2
yeah mine did this last week mate, your battery will be screwed. i bought a new one and is now fine

clio 172 (2001)
Cheers guys hope it is the battery, will let you know!! The headlights were working when i tried them tho, would'nt expect that if it was the battery????

Last edited:

db

db detailing™
yeah mine worked too, which i thought was strange since there wasnt enough power to lock my car!

omg mine has done this aswell!! I think it may be from when my car was being repaired in a garage for 2 or so months its just knackered my battery :( Im gonna buy another one soon and see if it helps. Sorry for kind of stealing your thread aswell

GR7

Shiny red R32
this happened to mine about a month ago. wouldn't start jumped off another car.

changed the battery and was fine.

hope this helps
Me too... I got a new battery yesterday and it's fine now.

clio 172 (2001)
Yep, was the battery!!, apparently the reason it wouldn't jump start was because i was using leads and you can only jump start cars with immobilisers with battery packs!!