ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help please!

ITB 16v hybrid
I have had my valver for only a couple of weeks now, and i was pulling out of a junction the other day when I heard a rather loud bang followed by a grinding noise when turning left and sometimes when revving. :(
I have had to leave my car at a friends house as I don't know what it is ive done and dont want to make it worse lol.
Any ideas?

thanks in advance

matt

Sounds exactly like when I put two holes in my gearbox on my Williams.

(Except, I had a puddle of gearbox oil underneath ;))

(and it didn't move)

(and it grinded no matter what you were doing)

Yours does sound better, however.. :D

:(

Last edited:
  MERCEDES CLS AMG
That could be at least 10 different things - you really need to get it in the air and check the running gear

ITB 16v hybrid
yeh, i thought it could be something to do with the gearbox. I've been told it could be the diff??? Anyone else had the same problem?

cheers

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
It could be the thrustwasher inside the diff. Like what Danlp6 said but get the passenger side up and see if the wheel moves in and out.

ITB 16v hybrid
ok cheers guys. What exactly am I looking for? seeing if the wheels moves in and out...anything else? I have never had any probs lke these before so am unsure of what to look for?

cheers

matt

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Yeh if the wheels move in and out, if there is any extra play on the driveshafts. If the driveshafts move more the diff end look at a possible new thrustwasher

ITB 16v hybrid
ok thanks for your help in advance.
If the thrustwasher has gone would it be easier for me to just put a new gearbox in? As i have seen them for £100.
I have also heard that the 1.9 diesel boxes work well in the valvers? do you kno if this is true and if i will see any noticble gains/loses in acceleration/top end speed?

thanks