ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP PLEEEEEEEASE!

clio (sleeper)
right today i thought id wire up my front lights because when idid the conversion the new loom didnt match the front light connectors....so i did it but now when i go to start it the immobaliser is kicking in!i dont know whats happenin!im gutted!it was starting first time every time now it wont start at all!
when i put the ignition on and then turn the key to start it it just clicks once!
its not the battery because if i turn it over straight away before the immobaliser kicks in it does turn over but theres no spark!
and the fuel pump doesnt prime when the ignition is on!please could someone help me as i need to get it started asap!

thanks in advance!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Just go over again, what you did with the lights to cause this problem ???

clio (sleeper)
i did an engine conversion,its been running fine.i had to wire up the new loom to the existing lights because my car is phase one and the new loom is phase 2.the immobaliser light doesnt flash so it might not be that

clio (sleeper)
could it be the battery?if theres not enought charge will it stop the pump from priming?taking into consideration my battery is from the 1.2 engine!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Ah I remember now, you were asking about the immobiliser decoder ring a while back.....

It could be the battery, a lot of components are voltage sensitive (volts) whereas a starter will turn as long as there is sufficient current (amps)

When the starter motor is engaged it will drop the voltage whilst cranking the engine, not leaving a voltage that the ECU etc will work at.

So charging the battery may well sort it out.

clio (sleeper)
oh thanks mate!i hope so!im really shitting myself!lol
everythings gone ok wiring wise so far!and ive just taking all the wiring i did today for the front lights out!incase it was that!lol
aslong as it starts il be happy!

clio (sleeper)
just to let you know peaople if you get this problem it could well be the battery!i charged mine for an hour and then it was fine!its like the fuel pump wont even bother priming if the battery is slightly low!so keep them batteries checked people!lol

p.s thanks for your help brianr