ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help plz! My rear disc has come loose :s

clio 172
Sorry to bother you all again with my problems but, someone jumped in my car last night and smashed the back wheel into a curb after about 2 hours of him driving about he finally got out with my phone etc but I have my car atleast.

Anyway the problem, my rear offside wheel is all over the place, so I jack my car up to find the whole wheel wobbling, this scared me as i drove it!

I took the front of the caliper off and the disc just slid off witht the centre bolt fully tightened. Now can someone tell me how the bolt through the middle is supposed to keep the disc on.

Im not sure if something out the middle of the disc has come out or what but that bolt is doing nothing and the front of the caliper was holding the disc and the wheel on the car!

Not sure if this makes sence but its a bad experience and can someone help me out? not sure if anyone has a diagram?

thanks

Thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The hole rear wheel and disc is held on by one 28mm (i think) nut, so sounds like thats snapped off, or the bolt it goes on.

clio 172
yes thats right, but the thing is, the disc was loose and came off with the bolt in the middle of the disc still there. What does the centre bolt actually grip onto? Im really confused about this one atm!

Just thought id ask here before I have a look on the other rear disc.

cheers dan

LY 182
cant really see how it can happen - my guess is its split the disc.
even if the bearing collapses completely it would take some doing to actually get the inner track through the outer race.. and the bearing cant pull out of the disc that way as the circlips on the other end.
if its hit that hard its probably bent the rear beam too.

clio 172
found a digital camera, willl get pics tomorrow.

Should there be something inside the middle of the disc to stop the centre bolt going straight through?

Is the wheels bearings withing the centre of the disc?

Not too sure what should be in the middle of the disc but the hole is too big becuase the head of the bolt is still smaller than the entire hole in the disc.

Dan

clio 172
Hi. so ive brought a new rear disc and had the bearings fitted, I now can see the old bearings was the problem.

Ive come accross one problem though, and that is the 2nd part of the old bearing is still on the stub axle and wont come off.

Any advice please? Never is simple when it comes to me :mad:

thanks