ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - problem since service (172 CUP)

172cup
Hi all, was looking for some help basically i had my car serviced 2 weeks ago at renault - it was a gold service so had spark plugs changed etc.

since my sevice i have barely covered 200 miles, however the other day i went out and from nowhere it started missing, smelling real bad inside the car, misfiring, sounded like a tractor etc oh and my emmissions light came on. RAC looked at the vehicle and said that my vacuum hose was trapped when renault had put my manifold back on. ALSO they hadnt replaced the gasket which the RAC man sealed down. At the time on his diagnostics it came up as cylinder 1 misfire. He took my manifold off, checked the plugs and leads, put everything back together and she started again fine.

However driving home it was still mising quite bad in low revs and low gears, putting my foot down was fine but real bad in 1st and 2nd.

I have since been on the phone to renault becuase i had a few other issues with my service anyway, they have said they will look at the car to see if it is their fault or not so i need to know the following please :

1) would there be any damaged caused to the cat or anything else as a result of the vacuum hose being trapped and a new gasket not being put on???

2) any ideas on what the fault could be to give me a heads up before it goes back to the garage?

any help is appreciated thanks very much!!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
s**t Spark Plugs used?
Spark Plugs / Leads not fitted correctly?
Coil pack has failed?
Potential CAT damage from over fuelling although doubtful

172cup
sparkplugs used according to renault were platinum ones although it doesnt state which ones on the invoice. the RAC man did say that the car was overfueling before he actually opened my bonnet but then didnt mention it again?