ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, Problems with my horn/fuse

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
A few months ago the horn connections on my OMP wheel shorted and melted the wires from the button to the steering column a bit. I used insulation tape to wrap the bare bit of wire where it melted and did away with the OMP horn button as it seems a very poor design tbh.
Today I refitted my standard wheel and now the horn only works when the wires are in certain positions so it doesn't seem to be making a connection all the time.

My questions are how easy is it to replace the wire from the horn button to the steering column? They seem to go into it.
Next what fuse should it have? I checked it and it had a 15 in it which seems high and would explain why it didn't blow in the 1st place. I've put a 5 in it now and it still seems to work. Is this the right one to use?