ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help renault

clio 182
hi i have a clio 182 on a 04 plate and its in renault with a problem the serv light and esp light comes on and they cant find whats wrong with it please can anyone help????
i need my car back and any advice would be good at the mo im told they are checking the wiring loom??

Renault Sport Clio 172
Its the connection under the passenger or drivers seat, it happens on all renaults... it has something to do with the seat belt pre tensioners. nothing to worry about. i have it on mine now and again especially if your moving the seats back and forth...

Try giving them a wiggle or disconnecting them and reconnecting... its a black block under the seats.

clio 182
it cant be as simple as that surely??? renault said there is a pathway problem from the traction control unit to the ecu???
i would ring them and tell them what you have suggested but i dont want to seem like im telling them to suck eggs????

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It does it on mine too mate, diognostic check said
brake pedal switch, changed that and it still does it.

When the warning lights are on the t/c still works
so I just ignore it now.

P

PrincessJessica

i had mine do that it was a brake relay switch ( i think) renault replaced it under warranty

'02 Monaco Blue 172
this is a well known problem, do a search on here and it will tell you how to sort it, and you can also teach renault something too!

P

PrincessJessica

you dont hate it... be strong.

the guys at renault are there to test our patience! :)

RenaultSport clio 182
we're feeling your pain! Seriously, if you're not getting any joy from Renault perhaps someone on here will be able to look at it for you. Don't let it put you off your car though. Doesn't sound like it's effecting the driving of the car though?

Mondeo TDCI 130
If i remember correctly, there is a motion sensor type thing under the centre console by the handbrake somewhere, picks up violent movement etc!! They used to be fairly common!

Da

Less
If it's the ABS, serv and ESP lights then it's the brake pedal switch as mentioned.
It's a common fault really.

It may need adjusting or it may need a new switch completely.