ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help repairing a wheel?

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys

I'm in the process of refurbining some 172 alloys (pain in the arse lol) one of the wheels has a quite nasty dent in it just wondering what you recon my chances of repair are?

SAM_0133.gif

SAM_0135.gif

if you recon I could do it quite easily then how could I go about it? I thought about the cave man approach and just bash it a bit?

Cheers as usual

Paul

BG 182
rub it down then fill with car body filler keep sanding an filling till desired shape, wouldnt be hard at all matey

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
when you say sanding do you mean the bit that is bend over to make it flush with the rest of the rim then filler on top? sorry if that seems like a daft question, would just rather get it right first time :)

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
rub it down then fill with car body filler keep sanding an filling till desired shape, wouldnt be hard at all matey

Yea, excellent. Filler is as strong as Aluminium, then? Nice.....
Better off replacing or get a pro refurb. Alloy needs to be annealed before you can start bashing it around.

Yea, excellent. Filler is as strong as Aluminium, then? Nice.....
Better off replacing or get a pro refurb. Alloy needs to be annealed before you can start bashing it around.

+1
His wheel needs welding, dont use filler, as soon as you put it on the tyre machine it will pop out you'll be back to square one. Angle grider, welder + gas, and some skillz.......