ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help requested re scanner / fault code reader

Renault Kangoo 1.4
A few weeks ago we ordered an iCarSoft i907 scanner to use with our 2002 Renault Kangoo (Mark 1). The eBay seller offered us an updated scanner instead, the RT V1.0 which he said would do the job and be better. Unfortunately, it doesn't do the job, and we've had a really frustrating exchange of messages with the manufacturer in which they're now saying it won't work with our car after all.

Can anyone here confirm whether the i907 model does definitely work with the 1997-2003 Kangoo mark 1, please? If not, which model of scanner would you recommend, and why?

We really need to be able to diagnose SRS / airbag and immobiliser issues as we have faults in both these areas. It would be really good if the scanner could tell us where in the system those faults lie, so we could get a professional to correct them if need be - we just need to know where the faults are.

Thanks very much,

Jo

Reactions: Goo
  dan's cast offs.
should both work, think the number just identifies the software on it? used one loads for live data and they are pretty good.

Renault Kangoo 1.4
Thanks ... but as stated, that they "should" work isn't true in our experience - the RT V1.0 is beyond useless. Which one have you used loads for live data, please?

Renault Kangoo 1.4
@bloke Thanks - we're at the point where we really need to be sure which specific ones do work, and which don't.

@JamesBryan Thank you and yes that would be great - very helpful to know the 907 description does list Kangoo 2000-03.

Renault Kangoo 1.4
although the RT V1.0 is listed as working with our model of Kangoo, but the manufacturer is saying there's a software bug they can't fix, hence our asking about the i907.

Renault Kangoo 1.4
Understood that you don't have a Kangoo to test it on. Unfortunately the RT V1.0 is listed as working with ours, and it doesn't, hence my posting this request re the i907 and wanting to know definitively that it works with our model of Kangoo :)

Reactions: Goo