ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Required!!!!!

Clio 172 Cup
Hiya All,

I have a serious issue occuring with my cup, can anyone help identify the issue and how to fix it?

Whenever i try pulling away or changing up a gear when the revs maybe aren't high enough i get what seems like a slipping or stuttering. The engine/gearbox seem to almost jutter as if it is revving fine but just not getting the power to the wheels. Its not silent either the jutter is backed up with a noise that matches the jutter.

Was thinking it could be the clutch slipping, but when i rev it out of gear it goes right through the rev range with no issues.

I have no idea what is going on, please help?

Also I really need to drive the car to work everyday this week, do you think if i drive it in this state it will make what ever the problem is worse or will it survive?

Thanks in advance guys and girls :)

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like mine was when the spline on the diff was wearing out. Mine lasted about 6 months like this and I thought it was the clutch. Sadly it finally gave way in Wales on the way to go and do Evo triangle:(.

Clio 197
Hiya All,

I have a serious issue occuring with my cup, can anyone help identify the issue and how to fix it?

Whenever i try pulling away or changing up a gear when the revs maybe aren't high enough i get what seems like a slipping or stuttering. The engine/gearbox seem to almost jutter as if it is revving fine but just not getting the power to the wheels. Its not silent either the jutter is backed up with a noise that matches the jutter.

Was thinking it could be the clutch slipping, but when i rev it out of gear it goes right through the rev range with no issues.

I have no idea what is going on, please help?

Also I really need to drive the car to work everyday this week, do you think if i drive it in this state it will make what ever the problem is worse or will it survive?

Thanks in advance guys and girls :)

have you changed anything recently ?

Clio 172 Cup
Nope not changed anything lately.
It was running sweet as a nut yesterday morning, just suddenly started doing this slipping thing, got me totally baffled.