ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help setting up 5.1 speakers on pc

Audi S3 225
Hey, I bought some cheap 5.1 speakers from the internet to use on my pc. My old ones were about 8 years old and almost started a fire the other day so I quickly replaced them with these http://www.ebuyer.com/product/126480

Anyway I can only get the new speakers working together not in surround sound. I have all the speakers connected into the back of the sub in the correct ports according to the instructions and a phono lead going from the stereo input port on the sub to the green Line Out port on my computer.

My motherboard is an Asus P5GD1-FM look here for the ports I have http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl.../Motherboards/asus/P5GD1-FM/asus-P5GD1-FM.pdf click on 1.7 connectors

Trouble is its saying put the wires in the back of the computer not the sub? But I can’t do that anyway as my speakers each have a separate wire so my fronts will need two ports but my motherboard only has 1 port for fronts, same for rear.

Can anyone help, do I need new wires for the speakers?

Thanks

Allan

Last edited:
You'll need to connect the sub to the PC with connections for the yellow, black and green ports on the back of the PC. There should be similar connections on the back of the sub. That's what I've got on mine anyhow.

Audi S3 225
thanks, ive been reading up and found that wire above its a 2 female rca to 1 male rca cable like in the pic, gonna pop down maplins see if i can pick a few up in there.

Thanks

172 A Cupwork Orange™
You need a 5.1 or better soundcard i opted for an Philips Aurilum external one as it looked pretty lol

unless you have a decent soundcard your buggered, as onboard sound is pants and only has one socket for 2 normal speakers unless your pc is newish and has good onboard sound which it sounds like your dont, as rednax68 says the yellow black and green need to go to an external or internal card for it to work

His motherboard does have the right onboard connections for up to 7.1 config. I'm just concerned that his sub doesn't, or the cable wasn't supplied as standard.

Audi S3 225
ok guys seems i have it working ok now, the surround sound works fine using those splitters, but the rear speakers are very quiet and i cant get them to go any louder. The rest of the speakers work fine as i tested them with some surround sound program that came with the drivers.

Any ideas why the rear speakers are so low, ive turned pretty much every setting i can find to do with rear speakers up but no luck. Maybe its the drivers but i have the latest installed. Its not the spekaers as i connected them to the front port and they worked fine.

Weird, gonna read up and try and find some answers.

thanks

Audi S3 225
just installed a soundbalster live 5.1 soundcard from my old comp, same problem all works fine except the rears are too low. But then the rears work fine if i connect them to say the front port to test them.

Get yourself some software, there is usually a way to turn the rears up, or if that's not possible; turn everything else down, then the total volume up!

Audi S3 225
i am using the standard software that the soundcard maker provides, it allows u to test all the speakers but the rears are so low. I cant seem to change the settings in the xp sound controls either. Any software recommended that will allow me to adjust the levels on all speakers?

thanks guys

Allan