ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP - starting issues

Suzuki SV1000S

Left my car for the whole of saturday and sunday morning,

Came to start it yesterday and the engine turns over fine but wont start, tried a different battery but still the same just turns over faster.

Recovery came out but couldnt fix it and couldnt put it on the lorry because it is too low (hehe).

If anyone has had this problem with their mk1 172 could you please let me know what the prob was.

My only ideas at the mo. are immobiliser (but the alarm manual says that if the alarm is of the immobiliser will not interfere with starting, and it is off), or it could be fuel pump, but doubt it (hope not anyway).

Please help someone, only bought the car from renault about a month ago, After down grading from a Cup.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

If its turning over then the battery isnt the problem. Could be the coil packs.

Its a process of elimination. You need fuel, air, and a spark to ignite.

You have the engine turning over, do you have a spark ? is the engine catching on but not quite starting.. or not even attempting to start.

Suzuki SV1000S

It sounds like there is no fuel getting to the engine, but these new clio have plastic covers everywhere so you cant get to anything. Do you possibly know how to get to the plugs to check for a spark.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

To remove the plastic cover on the top of the engine there are 4 torx screws, undo them all and the cover will come free.

Suzuki SV1000S

Could it be to do with rusty contacts on the starter as I have seen in other posts or is this a problem with a different model?

this happened when i crashed me last car wouldnt turn over cause it had a fuel cut off switch, if u can easily find out where it is its worth a try.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if its got a cut out switch then its red and located near the battery.just press the top of it to reset it.

Suzuki SV1000S

Guys, had AA come out to the car last night and the geeza got it started (few). He said that basicallt the car has two immobilisers, one on the alarm (key push button) and one is on a chip inside the key fob which is recognised when the red light on the dash goes out. But because I had tried to start the car quite a few times it had the told the ecu not to supply fuel to the engine.

So..... He disconnected the battery (bloody ICE needs re setup now ggrrr) and left it for 30mins, then he reconected the battery and banged the side of the reset switch so that it popped up, he then pushed the reset switch, banged the key a couple of times and it started first time, no probs.

So next will be trying the spare key, when I get it on Friday, lol

Cheers for ideas guys!