ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP?! Throttle Cable Problem on a MK2 PH1 Clio.

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.4
Code:

Hi all, Need help with my MK2 PH1 clio,
Recently I've noticed that the throttle feels very different to what it did previously, almost like the cable is rubbing on the firewall?

I have also noticed that the RPM's seem to fluxuate between 1K and 3K, almost like the tickover speed is set too high.. But then when I pull the throttle upwards with my foot under the peddle, it goes back to the 1K that it should be.

It is really starting to bug me now, as I'm cautious that it could do it whilst driving and make me accelerate.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? Like is it a typical fault with PH2's?

Please excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes as I'm on my phone and its a bit of a sod to type everything with a keyboard so small.

Thanks in advance, any help would be much appreciated.

Jord.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
It needs a new throttle cable. Yes, it is a common problem and you will have to buy a genuine Renault cable from the dealers. Should be £25 or so. Fitting it isn't difficult but can be a bit fiddly. Don't buy a non-geniune cable, you have been warned!Cheers