ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!! track rod ends.

slow 172 rep
Hi Guys

Any help with how to replace the track rod ends? what does it look like to start with? :p is it hard to do?

any pictures of it would help ty or a guide if any1 knows there is one.

cheers

Dean

slow 172 rep
ah well i guess il find out tomorrow, bought a haynes manual so i should be fine :p in the freezing cold oh the joy

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Cant be that hard, never done one but looks like you just take the nut off that holds it to the hub, mark out where it sits on the rod then unscrew, i think lol.

Lionel Richie
might aswell as the WHEEL ALIGNMENT (please stop refering to it as tracking, its a tacky word used by kwik fit) has to be done anyway

if they're rusted on you'll have fun!

slow 172 rep
ty guys :p got my disks and pads to do to before i take it back for its MOT retest. :( hope it passes this time

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Probably for the best mate, every time I've taken mine in for alignment they have had to blow touch them to get them adjusted. They can rust up pretty bad

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
The mechanic that look's after my car, put one of these in for me for my MOT retest . He got the part and fitted for £10 . Which i thought was pretty spot on. And booked in for MOT retest and flew through :D

slow 172 rep
yea was going to do the disks and pads myself too, but he is going to do it all for me :) i got the for the disks, pads, new track rod end for £25 and £40 to fit everything. better then the £200 from the MOT place :eek: