ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Urgent Advice Needed on V6 spare keys

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6
Hi,

Think Motorline Renault are trying to take the piss or something!!!

I had a replacement blipper coded to the car a few weeks back.
girlfiend went to take the car out Monday night and took the spare key and new blipper.

It let her in the car but wouldnt let it start. so i came out and used my blipper and keys and it fired up ok.

Spoke to Renault and said they hadnt programmed my new blipper right.

just had call today saying that the mk1 V6 has two immobilisers. the blipper sorts out one and the key does the other. he then said that the mk1 V6 was only ever supplied with two fully operational blippers and one key that disconnect the imb and one that doesnt!!!!

I did extremely well not to swear down the phone, had too many problems with this car and there service so wanted to make sure this was a load of crap before i blow my top at them!!

why would anyone supply a key that did nothing! i cant use it to access the car because the alarm and it cant start the car.
even the radio will come on without the bloody key!!

Surely this cant be true,

Anyone know for sure?????

go down and s[eak to them face to face. no point doing it on the phone they dont take you seriously and can just hang up. Also dont swear at them there just ignore you completely then.

Just have to firm but polite but I know how it feels soemtimes.

Both my keys are identical. I have the key & the plip bit separate.

They are totally different to a 172 where you press the plip on the key, as the key for a vee is just a key.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

They are totally different to a 172 where you press the plip on the key, as the key for a vee is just a key.

yeah i have the two bits seperate but one key does nothing and the monkeys at renault say this is how they are supplied when new.

BMW M135i

Are they? The Mk2 vee I looked at a few weeks ago just had a normal Clio plip key?

CB600FS

Cat can you post a pic of your key/s please when you get a chance?

I thought the oldest of the Mk1 V's used the infra red & transponder?

Here we are, the pic is a bit big, oops !
09032008096.jpg

As I said, both keys are the same, they both do the same thing. The car is a mk1 02 reg.
I've never seen the key to a mk2 (they might be different for all I know)

BMW M135i
Hmm wierd, thats just a normal plip without the key part in it by the looks of the it. And like I said the Ph2s must just have a normal clio plip key.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cat, why not just take the blade out of the key and put it into the blip??