ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Very quick tyre wear ='(

well ive had the FK's on for 5ish months now, and i know tyres will naturally wear faster with coilovers on... although i had two new tyres just after christmas and they are very close to the limit again..

...i dont drive stupidly doing wheelspins or hammering it round bends/roundabouts so i dont see why they would be wearing so quick?

is it due to using budget tyres? im going to be after two new tyres now should i spend more per wheel to get them lasting longer, ideally twice as long lol! if so, what tyres should i be going for?

cheers

yeah i used them for the last tyres... 50ish quid a piece.... what should i be looking to pay to get maximum life?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Was gonna say going through a set of tyres in 2-3 months isn't right. Get the suspension looked at by a garage, sounds like something is out.

ok... i had some wierd tyre wear like outside balder than inside.. took it to edde he adjusted the camber etc got some new tyres and theyre down again.. il take it and get it fully tracked somewhere

Breaking A 172 Replica
For sure it sounds like the tracking is out.

Have you knocked anything recently?

Curbs or something like that?

Sam

J

Jim NM

When you have new tyres fitted they usually do the tracking and balancing as a matter of course. For the first couple of 100 miles, brake gently and accelerate gently if you want your tyres to last.

Buy good tyres (you get what you pay for)

For sure it sounds like the tracking is out.

Have you knocked anything recently?

Curbs or something like that?

Sam

nah not nocked anything...

When you have new tyres fitted they usually do the tracking and balancing as a matter of course. For the first couple of 100 miles, brake gently and accelerate gently if you want your tyres to last.

Buy good tyres (you get what you pay for)

last 4 tyres ive had theyve only ever balanced the wheel, never tracked the car...

il get it tracked properly then get some new tyres..

Chocolate Bar™
edde did the camber, no wonder its out. mr schumacher didnt put 2degrees of camber on did he lol

get it laser aligned and that should sort it for you.

edde did the camber, no wonder its out. mr schumacher didnt put 2degrees of camber on did he lol

get it laser aligned and that should sort it for you.

only just seen your post lol!

yeah he did lol theres f**kloads of camber on it now lol

i took it to tweeks on tuesday and had it all laser tracked... he said he had never seen a car with tracking further out lol!

getting new tyres tommorow... will see what happens...

ha ha...

ive just been out and looked side on down the car... never noticed it before and fook me! more camber than ive seen in my life lol

the guy at tweeks said it was running alot of camber on the fronts but its really no prob...?

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
i use uni royal rain sports and they last not bad and my car does i will admit get a pounding on the country road out to my house and i get about 9 months outa them... for wear avoid yokos like the plague ...had them they lasted 4 months ohha dn bridgestones.. <<< 1 week..dont know how.