ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with 1.2 valuation

E87 118d M Sport
A friend is looking at buying this car:
It is a 1.2i 2001 Clio 5Dr authentique (according do directline).

The dealer said 45000miles (very low), but the car was fresh into the dealers, and there is no proof as the bloke was leaving and the car locked up etc.

here are some pics, gave it a quick look round and its in very good condition. No rust, 4 new tyres (looks like, or atleast VERY new if not brand new), Interior was in very good condition (from what i could see through the window)

She will be taking it for a test drive tomoro, just thought id ask on here, as im no 1.2 expert. Ive checked autotrader, but obviously those prices arent necessarily accurate. (if anyones got a parkers account, could you have a quick check please =D )

Is there anything I should be aware of with a 1.2?

Thanks

SNV82899.jpg

SNV82900.jpg

Last edited:
J

jakm15

just have a good look around for any accident damage, mines a 2000 1.2 with 40 000 miles, just had the rear brakes done and thats it seems a very good reliable car just dont screw it.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks a bit strange to me...

No sunroof would say its a basic model, but it has 'SI' spec front end and alloys. (dual optics/foglights and cc'd mirrors)

Looks cheap to me though!

E87 118d M Sport
Not an authentique. They only came in ph2 form not ph1.

ah right. thanks. is it a liberte (sp?) then?

Looks a bit strange to me...

No sunroof would say its a basic model, but it has 'SI' spec front end and alloys. (dual optics/foglights and cc'd mirrors)

Looks cheap to me though!

yeah doesnt look a bad price at all if the mileage is genuine.
guna hpi check it if she likes the drive

Storm Grey 200
Looks good, I just sold my 1.2 16v very similar model to that. for 1.4k.

Needed a bit of tlc to make it look super pretty again tbh but yeah.

Also, its strange that it has the "sport" wheels that come on the 1.2 16v "sport" and the dual optics. But no dynamique spoiler, whats the interior like? It should be like the ph2 regarding seats

None
I would have thought it was a bit pricey but it is a dealer
Not an authentique will tell you on the side strip which make it is

Looks in good nick though

Titanium 182
Rear wipers a tiny bit off but wouldn't worry about it tbh. Looks nice and clean and fairly decent price tbh.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Yeah for a stealer. Looks in good nick. Only thing coming up is the belts needing changed...unless they've been done?

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
It's quite a dear job, that's all I know I'm afraid. Mine had been done before I bought but the owner didn't have proof or knowledge of it (lol) so we managed to knock £100 off the asking price with that alone.

E87 118d M Sport
thanks again magic. ill get her to ask. if it hasnt been done, she might wanna reconsider the car then. cheers

E87 118d M Sport
its guna be quite a big affecting factor in whether she'll buy it or not, so ill PM a garage.
thanks

Ed

One that doesnt work
Mines a Authentique its 02 Reg only done 14k when I bought it last year for £3800. Now shes worth £3500 on 23k.

E87 118d M Sport
is that a fact yeah, cuz this is what I thought it was, but just wanted some proof, so when i argue with the friends "friend" i know i am right.

he said that altho the car is 8 years old, it has only done 45000 miles so it doesnt need changing until 75000. (and suposidly he is a mechanic)

he didnt say it to me, he said it to the friend, so before i have a go, wanted to be 100% sure.

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
2k is defo too much I think.

I bought my car for £2.1k with 30k mileage, though it is a 3 door.

is that a fact yeah, cuz this is what I thought it was, but just wanted some proof, so when i argue with the friends "friend" i know i am right.

he said that altho the car is 8 years old, it has only done 45000 miles so it doesnt need changing until 75000. (and suposidly he is a mechanic)

he didnt say it to me, he said it to the friend, so before i have a go, wanted to be 100% sure.
For my model 100% sure, as i worked at Renault in the summer, and i am 99% sure it is for yours as well it is 72-75k or every 5 years! I have seen a few people who buy cars without the knowledge of age and have to have a belt done unexpected!
The belts are rubber, and the rubber perishes!

E87 118d M Sport
yeah my point exactly. a cambelt that hasnt been used at all for 8 years would still probably need changing.

ill have to find out who this mechanic friend is i think. cuz id hate for her to buy it and then have to fork out 200 odd to get it changed.

I got a phone call from my friend a few months ago, he said "i've just bought an 01 plate on 35K cheap!" I said cambelt? he said "It doesn't need it its on 35K" I said its 8 years old! Its every 5 years! he had to book it in and have a belt done!!

Having a cambelt done though means the tensioners and pulleys need doing as well! Sometimes a cheap price will only be the belt! Sometimes they do the water pump at the same time as well, as its easy to do with the belt off!

120d M Sport
^^01 plate? O RLY?

To OP. £1700 wouldn't be a bad price IMO, there are places that will do a 1.2 cambelt change for around £250