ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help With a Few Valver Mods..

Valver..
right lookin at tunnin me valver a lil more... so far this is wat ive done...

fk Coilovers
Full Stainless system from K tec inc D-cat....

Im lookin at gettin this.... http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1084

i love the sound they give, also they will give a lil more performance..but its £220 which i think is a lil steep wen u can buy a ITG panel filter for £30 and get the same gains but no noise.. :( ..

Im also lookin at gettin http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=380
are these worth the money £400..if it gives good gains in power and tourqe then mayb its worth it.. i dont wanna start doin cam and pully work to my car coz from past cars and stuff thats wen u start gettin probs....

Also a Re-map... after these mods..any ruff idea on BHP?

Views on the things ive come up with would be nice thanks... :D :D

Williams 2
If u want a decent air feed you need to go down the fog light scoop and ducting route. I've got this to an oe airbox with ITG Panel filter which most people seem to think is the best combination. I bought a SS Supersprint manifold from K-tec, which seems to give some benifits at the top of the rev range, but i'm not too sure about the 7bhp that K-Tec claim! How did you fit ur FK coilovers....did you have to adapt ur hubs and grind some of the metal away to get the correct camber adjustment?

Valver..
yeeeeeee.... i think its the best combo... ITG and air feeed...but i like the roar thou... but its alot of money!!!!i think K-tec claim 15BHP on there website.. which i fort was hard!!!!

the FK's i got mike at rentech to fit them..the camber is a lil out but i dont mind

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Got my FK's yonks ago. They force you to run quite a bit of neg camber to the extent I was wearing inside of tyre too much. Camber bolts corrected this to about 1.5 degrees neg camber.

My Valver before I went the Hybrid route got 148 bhp from Magnex inc Decat, BMC CDA and BBPT chip. Then fitted the Supersprint manifold which I guess the KTEC one is but didn't RR it again. May have got it over 150 but not sure about the wild claims. Supersprint claim similar on their website so who knows !!!!

Think once you have gone that route the only way of getting more is cams, which you need headwork to get best out of, or F7R route.

If going for cams and headwork you may as well drop a F7R BE on at same time as not much dearer.

Valver..
cheers 4 the advice mate.... cam work is not really wat i wanna be doin TBH..ill look at gettin IK and the manifold...then a re map over the next year... hopefully i should be gettin 150bhp... but who knows :D

Valver..
2.0 bottom end easy enough to do... wats involed in doin this...??? also wat kinda gains may i be lookin at??? :D

clio head said:
2.0 bottom end easy enough to do... wats involed in doin this...??? also wat kinda gains may i be lookin at??? :D
Its gains thoughout the rev range and say 5~10 top end depends how good it is.

Not difficult depends what bits you use a whole Williams engine is easier than a bottom end. Also cams etc are much more efficinet on a 2.0 bottom end.