ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Manifold and Brakes...

Valver..
i no you get these questions all the time am in sure every1 is fed up to the back teeth.. i did a search and i didnt find what i wanted to find out so0o here it goes...

I wanna do a few more mods to my Valver.. 1st is a new manifold to go with my full d-catted system ive had my eye on this one for some time http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=380 what are peoples views on these.. i never believe what ppl write about there products on there sites coz they always over hype, just wanna no wat r you views on em gd or not worth bothering, Also breaks im after some uprated ones.. im lookin at doin a few more track days this year but i mainly use my car for road use i love the look of bigger brakes but is it just worth gettin standard pads and disc's or spendin a lil more money and gettin something that will stop me quicker and will look the nads... once again lookin on the K-tec site ive had me eyes on these.. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=201 just once again what are your views, are there better brakes on the market for the same kinda price also i dont wanna pay over the odds for em.....

fort i would tell you my mods so far so you can see if its worth gettin the manifold.... Piper X IK, up rated plugs and leads, K-tec K3 full stainless system with D-cat... and not like ya need to no FK Coilovers....

None
As far as im aware - the 1.8 16v comes with a 4-2-1 manifold as standard so I doubt you would notice any difference with the K-tec one on there. As for the leads - I doubt you would notice any difference either. I wouldnt bother with an induction kit as you would probably lose power. Try keeping the standard airbox and getting a replacement foam element filter instead. Depeneds if you prefer the noise tho :) as for the brakes I havent heard anything bad about the 280mm ones, infact I'll probably get some myself eventually

Valver..
well with the IK ive got a direct cold air feed goin to it.. so its always cold air.. i no u will prob lose some but the noise from it is awsome!!! :D leads i have noticed a difference with the plugs.. the revs feels alot smoother and it picks up quicker thats about it and also i dont think they had been changed for years lol.... soo manifold probs wont to worth it... any1 else agree with this? cheers mate is well :D

Those brakes are for looks only IMO much better ways of uprating the braking for less.

As for the manifold I wouldn't bother 2.0 engine first. I had one no point reanly IMO.