ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Activating, Unlocking and Jailbreaking my iPhone.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Okay, so in a last atempt to unlock my iPhone it resulted in me breaking it and I ended up having to restore it completely.

Now iTunes wants a f**king o2 sim to activate it, and i Haven't got one anymore. But I want to unlock it anyway. It has 3.1.3 installed but I'd like 4 if possible?

What are my options?

Thanks!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I haven't used an iphone in about 6 months. At least help me out.

Currently jailbroken and activated on 3.1.3 with... bootloader 05.09 :( and baseband 05.12.01. So I can't downgrade :( am I screwed for unlocking it then?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is on 3.1.2 and carrier unlocked using sn0w. Can't you just google a tutorial?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Already spent an entire evening with google and s**tty tutorials. It took ages just to jailbreak 3.1.3! Didn't realise it was so difficult.

3.1.2, unlock is a piece of piss.

3.1.3. It's a pain in the arse. You need to downgrade the baseband, which is only possible if your bootloader is 05.08. Which mine isn't. That's where I'm stuck.

I had to try several different methods just to jailbreak it. Quickpwn didn't work as iTunes couldn't pick up the iPhone when it was in DMU mode, then it wouldn't load the custom firmware. Blackrain just made the phone die, as did a few others. In the end I used "Spirit" and that worked fine.

Now I need to know what my options are as for jailbreaking, can't find a solution! I spent ages googling before posting, trust me. The first post was a bit poo tbh. But I've gotten further on my own and I'm properly stuck right now.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Will that work? I'm running 3.1.3 now will it just let me downgrade as easy as that?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Very helpful.

Apparently redsn0w 0.9.2 can unlock the baseband. It's going to be a pain in the arse because Cydia won't open now so i have to re-jailbreak the phone and then get cydia then add the repo.

Shoot me now.

EDIT: Now ultrasn0w won't install. "The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed."

Last edited:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just trying to get it unlocked. it's working on Orange now (Finally) but it doesn't give me any data? And Its a 3G.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The aids.

Tbh mate I just got it working and I'm using for a week to see if I really wanna switch back from my blackberry :p

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL I didn't say I can't be arsed I just said not right now as I've only just got the useless thing working!