ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with alloy fitting

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm going to be fitting my alloys this weekend however don't have a torque wrench, breaker bar, or real jack. was wondering wether some kind soul would give some assistance with their tools.

Let me know if you can help! I'm in the bolton area but can travel to most places in the surrounding areas.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
its real easy mate you dont need half that stuff. everythink you need is located in your spare wheel. heres a walk through in ten steps haha

1 loosen your bolts with the black socket bar (just break the seal not full turn )
2 raise the car with the jack
3 unscrew the bolts and remove wheel
4 put new wheel back on
5 hand start bolts back on then use socket bar to wind them in
6 lower car so that the tyre touch's floor (dont put too much weight on it)
7 secure bolts nice and tight in the opposite sequence (top bolt, bottom, left, right) the check over them that there all tight
8 lower the car back down
9 kick the tyre
10 bobs your uncle

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
its real easy mate you dont need half that stuff. everythink you need is located in your spare wheel. heres a walk through in ten steps haha

1 loosen your bolts with the black socket bar (just break the seal not full turn )
2 raise the car with the jack
3 unscrew the bolts and remove wheel
4 put new wheel back on
5 hand start bolts back on then use socket bar to wind them in
6 lower car so that the tyre touch's floor (dont put too much weight on it)
7 secure bolts nice and tight in the opposite sequence (top bolt, bottom, left, right) the check over them that there all tight
8 lower the car back down
9 kick the tyre
10 bobs your uncle

?? is that a joke or is it something you actually need to do?:eek:

Clio 197
If you are going to use the standard s**tty jack then please buy some axle stands at least to support the car. If the current alloys are corroded in place they might need a bit of a kick to get them loose - i wouldnt do this with the crappy scissor jack and nothing else supporting the car.

As St3eve said, tighten the wheel bolts when in the air, drop to the ground then tighten fully

Megane 225 F1
JESUS. If you're desperate, go to a tyre place and pay them a tenner to do it. I did that back before I had a jack :eek:

I would not be trying to undo tight bolts on the renault jack. Just in case.

I'm up north the following weekend doing some work to my car in Chorley at my uncles garage if you wanna pop over I can sort you out.

Evo 8 MR
JESUS. If you're desperate, go to a tyre place and pay them a tenner to do it. I did that back before I had a jack :eek:

I would not be trying to undo tight bolts on the renault jack. Just in case.

You undo them when it's on the floor and you tighten them when it's on the floor.

The standard jack is perfectly adequate to support the car whilst changing a wheel.

Megane 225 F1
You undo them when it's on the floor and you tighten them when it's on the floor.

The standard jack is perfectly adequate to support the car whilst changing a wheel.

Oh yh :eek:

Still. The sound mine used to make when I changed a wheel wasn't promising.