ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with check disk on XP

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I'm trying to use Ghost to clone my existing hard drive to a larger one. But it keeps saying theres errors on th C:\ drive so the copy never works. I've tried to run check disk to fix any errors but it won't run because it says it needs exclusive access. It says it can schedule it to run the next time you restart it, but when it does this is still doesn't have exclusive access so just says done and proceeds to the log on screen. I've uninstalled Mcaffee which didn't help and tried disabling as much stuff that i can think of using services.msc but still no luck. Any ideas?

P

pete.grant

You need to boot your computer into the Windows Recovery Console using your Windows XP disc. Once in there select which hard drive you wish to perform the chkdsk on and then type the following:

chkdsk /r