ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with clio

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to get these back to original state
jaresuhe.jpg

ga4ehypa.jpg

Someone on a different forum told me they look like they have been painted but ive only had the car just over a week and im oretty sure the last owners didn't paint them

Fairly certain these are irretrievable... best to paint or buy new (£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££) from Renault.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Open door slide the bump strip off and you should be able to prize it off from behind.

Honda & VW
Respray them, give them a good sanding down then prime and paint. Did mine years ago, although you could pay someone to do it and have them in custom colours with different coloured lettering. Was someone on here who offered that service...???

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You don't need to remove the bumpstrips to remove the bullets. gently lift out the bullet from the bottom and you will spot the little tags that locate into the door. unclip these, can't remember of there are 3 or 4 in total.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd rather slide the strip off and get at it from behind rather than risk breaking any clips tbh.

Have to agree with Adammcunitdot on this one, Dave. The clips break very easily, so the whole bump strip off is the better/safest option.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to get a set back to life that where in worse state than this with Polish believe it or not. Whether i'd put that much effort in to them again tho....

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'll re phrase it

If you're ham fisted, taking the bumpstrip off might help although there are still no clips hidden or more accessible with it removed.

In this photo you can see the holes where the clips for the bullets go into the bump strip.

$T2eC16FHJHoE9n3Kd5biBQ5f2Tij,w%7E%7E60_35.jpg

You can see these clips by turning the bump strip over (something you can't do while it's on the car). This is a safer way of doing it. I went through about three sets before realising how brittle/s**t quality the tabs that hold the bullets in place are.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I stand corrected, apologies.

I just don't ever remember them clipping onto the moulding. Could have sworn they went straight into the door