ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with fitting 172 alarm, WITH PICTURES.

Clio 172
ok. this is my 3rd thread now. i've got the wires into the car behind the glove box but now, where do i plug in the main wire? i've found a spare female conection but it isnt the right size. where is the correct conection i need to plug the main wire into?

these are the wires for the alarm brought through into the car.

IMG_5423.jpg

this is the main wire.

IMG_5417.jpg

this is the female connector i found behind the glove box. totally the wrong size.

IMG_5422.jpg

please help me!

BMW M135i
Which alarm? Any instructions with it? Thats the alarm prep connector but obviously its not compatible with whichever one you've got.

Clio 172
its the renault cobra one. so is the problem the fact that the conector i have been supplied with isnt correct? maybe it is for the phase 3 clio?

these are a copy of the fitting instructions i got with it; http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=366674

please say i've deffo found the correct conection in the car because i'm sick of looking for a different one.

Black Gold Trophy
Nope that is the correct alarm, however it was also fitted to another model (Espace I think) so I think you have to cut and solder the wires, or it may plug straight into your UCH, which is a black box located between the engine bay and the fusebox, remove the plastic trim on the left hand side of the passenger footwell to access it.
If you can wait, I'll have a look at mine tomorrow and check how the connections are made.

Black Gold Trophy
I know that one of the wires will be green (on the car side of the loom), and I cant see a green wire on the connector you have pictured so I'm guessing that isn't it!

Clio 172
cheers for you help so far jack.

appreciate you checking yours tomorrow.

which plastic trim do you mean btw?

Isn't that female connector for the phone prep? was it clipped to the bottom of the glovebox? think its the wrong one as the male connector is correct.

Clio 172
Isn't that female connector for the phone prep? was it clipped to the bottom of the glovebox? think its the wrong one as the male connector is correct.

yeah mate. it was on a little clip right on the back of the glove box. im glad i've got the male connector right! so do you know where the female one is hiding?? lol, the manual that comes with it makes plugging it in look so easy!!

Black Gold Trophy
right mate, ive had a look at mine and it is not plugged in, the wires are cut and soldered, and mine was factory fitted. The wires look like they have been seperated from the rest at the factory though as they have foam wrapped round them, they are under the glovebox closest to the centre console.
The wires run from the uch, over the top of the glovebox to the centre of the dash.
I dont know exactly which wires join what as it was dark, but I can tell you the wires should be two green, two purple, one red/purple, one yellow/brown and a couple others. If youre still lost I'll have a look in the morning and untape the wires and see what joins what. If someone has the haynes manual though they can give the wires colours and what they are.

Clio 172
cheers for looking matey!! i didnt think there was a haynes manual for the renault sports? would the wiring diagram be in a haynes manual for a different model clio?? really want to get this sorted as my car isnt on the road due to the wipers etc not being in place.

Clio 172
OK then, i've given up looking for where to plug in the stupid connection and i've decided i'm going to cut and solder it in. can someone tell me exactly which wires i need to connect up. the ones that i've got from the alarm unit are; white, white/black, yellow, black, and red.

Clio 172
here are better pictures of the alarm wires i need to solder into the loom. help!

Black and white, white, yellow, black, red.

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

Black Gold Trophy
Ok mate, the wires on your alarm are the same colours as mine, and on the instruction manual I posted on here.
Yeah you are correct there is no haynes manual for the renault sport clio, however there is one for dynamiques etc which has the wiring diagrams, which are the same for the sport models too!
I have my last exam on friday, which is going to be an absolute f*cker! But once I'm done I'll unwrap the tape on my wiring loom and have a look for you and take some pictures etc.
I'll pm you my mobile number, if you give me a text at about 2 in the afternoon to remind me I'll sort it out for you.