ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with fitting k&n induction kit to clio mk2 phase 2 1.2.. is this the right one!?

clio sport 172
Re: help with fitting k&n induction kit to clio mk2 phase 2 1.2.. is this the right o

yeah that is the right fit, when i had a 1.2 i had same one on my car for a few years, good price too.

clio
Re: help with fitting k&n induction kit to clio mk2 phase 2 1.2.. is this the right o

thanks for quick reply :) is this the only one i can fit on my car or can i just have the cone ? thanks x

Renault Clio 1.2 16v

yep it will fit, got this one on mine

clio

if anyone else bids on it what should i go up to? i really want one but dont know how much there worth or anything :/

My 1.2 16v (2005) Fitted like this:
18072009002.jpg

Might be an idea to check your engine bay.

clio
your car comes up on google images with that pic I think aha, it looks like the one shown in the picture :)

e92 330i

Hello heat soak, bye bye power.

clio sport 172

if you have an open air filter in your engine bay rather than an enclosed airbox, you engine is likely to draw in more warm air, warm air is not as explosive as cold air, therefore the possibility of power loss, this can be the case on some, but not all cars, as the increased airflow with correct ducting may out weight the warm air increase!

monaco 172

im sure it wont be at all noticable on a 1.2, i had one on my old phase 1 1.2 and it sounded good, made no difference whatsoever to performance though

Heat soak on a 1.2? Who gives a f*ck lol. They don't go anywhere anyway. Just made it sound nice.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Heat soak on a 1.2? Who gives a f*ck lol. They don't go anywhere anyway. Just made it sound nice.
Tbh most people do it for the noise don't they. I did

clio
yea I'm going for the noise my friends got one and her car seems to be the same,, but anyway I'm a girl and I don't drive fast:p

The one in the picture that james posted is a PH3 engine, and the airbox mounts different to the one in the ebay advert.

Check your engine bay as to where the throttle body is located. If its a ph3 the standard airbox is plastic on top of the engine/down the right side, and the TB is on the right side.
On the PH2 engine the TB is different and you need an adaptor plate like the one on the ebay advert.

Post a picture of your engine bay up and ill tell you which one you need.

Here you go,

My PH3 engine with K&N:
ph3.jpg

A PH2 engine, with unknown Cone, Note the adaptor plate and location of the TB:
inductionkit1.jpg

The air filter you posted will only fit a PH2, and unlike in the above PH2 engine bay it will not have the re-locator pipe to bring it to the front of the bay, it will sit next to the engine on the left.

e92 330i

True, no one buys an open cone filter for power tbh. But a 1.2 16v has 75bhp, fitting one of these will probably loose you a few, but it's so painfully slow anyway you lot probably won't care.

IMO they don't sound that good, save up n buy an exhaust system!

clio
my engine looks like the one in the advert on eBay it's a mk2 phase 2 extreme 2002 reg all I know :p but looks the same as the one on eBay asked the seller he said it would fit definitely as his car was same spec and same engine etc :)

clio
Here you go,

My PH3 engine with K&N:
ph3.jpg

A PH2 engine, with unknown Cone, Note the adaptor plate and location of the TB:
inductionkit1.jpg

The air filter you posted will only fit a PH2, and unlike in the above PH2 engine bay it will not have the re-locator pipe to bring it to the front of the bay, it will sit next to the engine on the left.

mines like your second pic 2002 Clio 16v thanks

Clio DCI 106
I have same engine as last pic and need air box/ adapter can anyone please help, I know it's late 10 or so yrs

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
I have same engine as last pic and need air box/ adapter can anyone please help, I know it's late 10 or so yrs

I have only seen the K&N one one for the D4F712 (I have the same engine) that has the adapter. One popped up on ebay for about 50 a few weeks back, don't think you can buy them new any more.

Off topic from your question I am running a Pipercross foam filter and that helps give you more noise without compromise on heat soak (Might add 0.2hp haha). I am thinking of redoing the tubing from the chassis to the airbox as well as thats beginning to split with age/use