ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with my 4 hour old 172 cup :(

172 Cup, Freelander
Just picked it up from garage and well chuffed for the first few miles :D

Whilst on the way home i noticed that when i accelerate hard from around 2000 revs and below the car seems to hesistate and theres a bit of a judder, then it picks up and away we go. Its fine if you floor it when the engine speed is already up at 3000 and above.

Its 2002 and done 53k if this helps. Car has 3 months warrenty from where i bought it, so it would be good if i have all my facts sorted when i call them tomorrow.

Cheers

172 Cup, Freelander
No decat but it does have a big scorpion system on it. That will be coming off in a few days.

ITB'd 172 POPTART
HT lead not connected properly
Misfire
Lambda like danny said too

Only problems i came across on other cars which caused that.

What the idle like?

Last edited:
  172 Cup, Freelander
Idles fine, and everything else seems pretty good too, but i've not really had it long enough to inspect. Just wondered if this was a common fault?

sounds management related, but could it be something daft like they've steam cleaned the bay, and gotten something wet? did you test drive it?

ibiza cupra
sounds management related, but could it be something daft like they've steam cleaned the bay, and gotten something wet? did you test drive it?
i had this happen on mine but ive also had to replace the lamna sensor, try spraying all you electrics under the bonnet with wd40, if it is moisture this will help get rid of it.

172 Cup, Freelander
Yeah it happens in all gears.
Did replacing the lambda sensor sort it out Kevin?
Might suggest going back to the garage and getting it on a computer then.
Thanks for the help fellas :)

172 Cup, Freelander
Thanks for the help on this one guys.

Just to let you all know it turned out to be the plugs. Its sorted now and running fine...for now!