ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help With Oil Change Please!

I've just bought some Fuchs Titan 5w/40 and need to know what else I require to do the oil change.

I usually take it to a garage but this time I've decided I'll have a go myself.

What parts do I need to order from Renault?

Filter, new seals etc.?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Filter, everyone i've seen comes with the new rubber ring on it.

And the copper crush ring for the sump plug.

Ph2 172
Oil filter and sump bung seal, is all you req'd it makes life a bit easier to drain the oil when its hot too

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Other than the oil you'll need an oil filter (913) and a new sump plug washer.

Very fast replies, cheers lads! Will I need a sump plug removal tool? Or something for the filter to remove it?

8mm square socket, I bought one from Halfords for a fiver :eek:

Have a look to see if you can loosen the filter off by hand before you do it, if not you'll need an oil filter removal tool, halfords have them too. They should only be hand tight though.

I hate Halfords :dapprove: I'm hoping it'll only be hand tight then. Is the removal tool the chain thing?

What's the access to the filter like? I've only ever seen it on a 1.2.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You will need a key to remove the sump plug, and something to remove the filter, or you could just stick a screwdriver through it...

Clio 172mk2
You need to remove the front guard on engine, 2 x 10mm nuts (deep socket), to get oil filter off a rubber type strap thing is best, but I use some plier type ones. As its rather tight down there

sump washer (metal and with rubber inner ring)
the square 8mm to undo the sump plug

182cup & 172 racecar
Tight, mind your knuckles. Don't forget to put a little smear of oil on the rubber seal on the new one, and as said, get it nice and hot, it will pour out a treat.

182 ff
ask about the special discount on all clio sport servicing parts if you dont know(they claim it back from renault head office)i think its 25% percent off(i bought oil plugs filter air filter all on there scheme

Clio 197
Yep definitely remove the fuel rail guard to get access to the filter. I did it on Saturday and tried doing it without (have done on my previous 172) however it was too tight so had to take it off... Good excuse to clean it up too :)

182 ff
found my invoce here i think its 40 percent off spark plugs( was £60 i paid £36,oilfilter 7.30p i piad 3.65 air filter £13.90 i piad 8.34p 6 litres of oil(evol) £38 / then i got them to do full service(no pollin filter) change plugs it cost me £88 and wat i paid for the parts at a renault dealership(all genuine parts reconmened for clio 182)
total cost of part was £90.29p(filter washer £1.40p)
total labour was £88 t
TOTAL=£178.29p
they do this for all renault sports cars(hope theystill do)they said they do it so you buy all your service parts from them to keep your custom > i thought all renaultsport owners knew this

Clio 197
found my invoce here i think its 40 percent off spark plugs( was £60 i paid £36,oilfilter 7.30p i piad 3.65 air filter £13.90 i piad 8.34p 6 litres of oil(evol) £38 / then i got them to do full service(no pollin filter) change plugs it cost me £88 and wat i paid for the parts at a renault dealership(all genuine parts reconmened for clio 182)
total cost of part was £90.29p(filter washer £1.40p)
total labour was £88 t
TOTAL=£178.29p
they do this for all renault sports cars(hope theystill do)they said they do it so you buy all your service parts from them to keep your custom > i thought all renaultsport owners knew this

Are you sure it wasn't because you had it serviced by them, if you just walk into the parts counter I doubt they would give you 40% off

182 ff
i bought part to try do it myself, i had them weeks before i went back asked price on doing it(cost the dealer nothing they claim it back